Friday, March 4, 2016

Recuperating!

Trying to taper off the heavy duty drugs and not do too much

It is unbelievable to me how fast I have recovered from this surgery -- I totally attribute it to the prayers that have been lifted by all of you!  The way I feel today, compared to how I felt Wednesday evening is so very much better--it has to be God!  Thanks for talking with Him about me!  

The kidney stent continues to be a bugger.  It's placement has relieved some of the pain, but a side effect is that I always feel like I have to go to the bathroom.  

As of this afternoon, I am beginning to substitute OTC meds for the turbo painkillers and am doing ok - thankfully-- at least for this 2 hour time segment :)  We'll see how the day progresses.  

I have my follow up appointment with the urologist and also with my oncologist on Wednesday the 9th.  Pathology should be back by then so we should know more...The results of this pathology will likely confirm what the frozen section said, namely that it is cancerous.  Although - God has been known to do miracles -- and I told him I would tell as many people as possible if he gave me a miracle!!  

Trying hard to rest and not do too much, but do enough to heal properly....Its a tough balance - and one that I am not great at--but I am thankful to be feeling so much better!  

So thankful for all of the sweet notes I have received -- re-reading them makes my day!  
Below is a beautiful rendition of Amazing Grace -- Hope you enjoy it! 

https://youtu.be/X6Mtpk4jeVA

Thanks for checkin in!  Have a blessed weekend, with much to be thankful for!  


4 comments:

  1. Prayers from your friends CIndy and Todd Gaertner.......Good Shep. Hernando FL..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning Christine,
    Praise and thanksgiving to God that you are recovering from your surgery so well!
    Everyone at the thrift shop is asking about how you are doing all the time every day! I do must best to keep everyone updated.
    Please know that your thrift shop prayer warriors are praying for you every day!
    Blessings,
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are dearly loved by so many Christine. I imagine there are more people than you can imagine interceding for you. We stand upon HIS promises that nothing is impossible for The Lord!! Nothing! HE is all powerful, all the time, and HE is for you. HE is holding you in the palm of HIS hand, and holds every tear you have ever cried in a bottle. Many are contending for you in the heavenlies๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’– In Jesus Name I pray. Amen .

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the day the Lord has made - I rejoice not in your circumstance, but in knowing the Lord is with you this day. Yesterday's grace is done. A new measure He gives each of us today. Lifting you in prayer this morning...

    ReplyDelete