Sunday, December 11, 2011

Social Butterfly

Blessed to be feeling more like myself - 
Chemo Number 3 of 12 tomorrow, assuming blood counts are good enough


I had energy enough to run some errands, attend a visitation, attend Paul's Christmas concert, serve at a funeral, go to church and attend a family gathering as well as do a bunch of domestic "have to s"!  woohoo!!!  Hoping to get some ornaments on the tree tonight and get ready for the week.  I treasure feeling "normal" and try not to think about how many hours til I start chemo again.  It is like a big black cloud coming my way--I have to remember that it could be so much worse!  


Btw - some of you have asked, no my hair isn't falling out.  I just like the hat!  :)
They tell me it won't fall out -- we'll see! 


As I think about going in tomorrow, I am not really afraid.  I just dread it. 

There's things I have to do to get ready-- things like: 
  make sure all the laundry is done  - 
  clean the house - the dog fur really piles up
  make sure to prepare for any special events during the week including the weekend
  check to see that any needed medication is available -
  bake bread to get me through the nausea (Todd is a great bread baker!)
  catch up on my thank you notes so I don't get farther behind
  put music on my ipod touch
  soak in God's promises to give me courage


Things that cause me to be thankful - even if they sometimes bring tears - 
singing Christmas carols and favorite hymns  -- miss my mom -- 
honoring a Godly woman as her life is celebrated by generations-a role model to be emulated!
texting with my kids about Christmas plans-wondering how much i'll be able to do
unpacking the creche and putting it up --makes me miss my dad
getting Christmas cards from friends - hearing the news
realizing how little time I really have to get ready for Christmas and our trip West
seeing extended family and realizing how much time has passed since the last time
eating food and really tasting how good it is


I got another lovely card this morning with several wonderful quotes about courage

"Do not be afraid of tomorrow, for God is already there!"  


The Lord will fight for you, you need only be still.....and know that I am God! 
(Ex 14:14, Ps 46:10)


That gives me courage!  


Thank you for checking in--for praying me down this road!  




  

1 comment:

  1. Thinking of you, & praying for you..

    Cindy Sachs~

    ReplyDelete