Friday, December 2, 2011

Better and Blessed!

Slightly less nauseated, slightly more energy - hallelujah! 
Blessed by the struggle!

I am feeling a little bit better today.  
The nausea is still there, but it is not as incapacitating.  
I have a little more energy - was able to walk today about 2 miles.  I did have some cold side effects, but was able to tough it out.  The most disconcerting side effect was that when I uncovered my face, and breathed normally, I felt like I was suffocating.  I guess the cold cramps my breathing "muscles" just like my hands :(  
I have to figure out a way around this, because I can't not breathe outside - lol!

On a more introspective note:

Todd posted the song Everlasting God by Lincoln Brewster last night in a comment on my blog. He reminded me it was advent, a time of waiting, and said that I would get stronger as I waited on God for my health to come back.  
When you are feeling bad, and cannot even think, it is hard to comprehend feeling better, let alone getting any stronger.  
When you have a set back, you cannot think about being beyond it. 
Yet 
every time there is an obstacle in your path, and you 
--climb it -- survive it -- conquer it -- get around it -- endure it to the end --
you become stronger.  Not necessarily physically stronger, but you trust God more.  
When you have experienced him carrying you, 
  helping you when you cannot help yourself --
      then your trust grows....  

One of the  most powerful gifts that I have received 
(and I have received many!!! thank you so much!) is an I-tunes gift card with a list of "strengthening" songs from dear friends of strong faith.  
Their kind of strength does not come from the mountaintop experiences in life - 
rather it comes from 
  -- problems -- disappointments -- struggles -- despair -- pain -- grief -- obstacles -- 
   .  
"What if your blessings come thru raindrops
what if your healing comes thru tears
what if a thousand sleepless nights are 
what it takes to know you're near..... 
what if the trials of this life, are your mercies in disguise?" (Laura Story, Blessings)

I am thankful for the obstacles and hardships I have experienced because
they cause me to look for and clearly see God's provision for me 
they strengthen my belief in his promises and 
    my trust in him.  

I could never have said this truthfully several years ago - 
but God taught me through problems that they're His mercies by which he will strengthen me.  
      I am blessed.....

By what obstacles is God strengthening you?




2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, Chris.....I just saw this blog from facebook and my heart is heavy to hear of this news. I do thank God you are His beloved daughter and filled with His Holy Spirit. It is the hope we come back to daily and trust what He has for us and to lean upon His strength and mercy. Of course you will be in my prayers and I'm here to help and encourage you dear sister. Hugs to a very special woman and friend. Love, Cheri Otzenberger

    ReplyDelete
  2. The power belongs to the Lord!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qp_PolBwjEw

    I love you sweetie!

    ReplyDelete