Monday, December 12, 2011

Number 3 under way

Blood counts were good - thx for praying!
They added an additional anti nausea medication in hopes of improving my quality of life.  
Hooked up to the pump now.


Dr. Frick was very pleased with my blood work and said I looked great and that the exercise was helping to build my blood up.  


I am struggling with hand cramps and the "pins and needles" effect in my fingers all the way back to the first knuckle - even the nails! - even though I am not touching anything cold.  Typing and texting are challenge due to lack of coordination also. 


The beginning of this was written when I got home, and still felt pretty good.  Three hours and a nap later, I am beginning the down hill slide.   
The nausea is at bay with the seabands and the IV meds, but 
my head aches, 
water and food taste awfull,  
even mildly cool food makes my tongue sting
I am not hungry 
I am beginning the body aches.  
      Enough whining!


And so I begin marking time - every hour down is one I don't have to do again!  
I am thankful 
that my friend brought dinner early today -- I ate when it still tasted good!  
to be this far 
for my nurses and Doc
for Todd always lightening things up
for your encouraging texts, fb posts and e-mails
for the pretty lights on the tree
for my sweet dog nuzzleing me to remind me that it is dinner time 
    (he has quite an amusing routine!)
that I am not yet greatly nauseated
for scripture courage  
    2 Cor 12:9 my grace is sufficient for you for my power is made perfect in weakness.....


love to you and thank you for checking in !


ps a friend said that she would not be able to be as thankful as I am, were she in my shoes --
If the truth is told, my inclination is not remotely to be thankful, rather to elaborate in detail my whining list and 
   moan about how unfair this all is and 
      how I have missed so much of this year and
          on and on and on....
I have to make a conscious effort to look for the good - to be thankful for what is positive.  It makes it easier to bear the difficulty and makes me nicer to be around   :)  just ask Todd!
So don't think this is my natural instinct -- I have to work really hard at it 
      - taking every thought captive (2 Cor 10:5)
Pastor Hower used to say,
"God cares more about your character than your comfort"  
If this is a tool that God uses to conform my character to the character of His son,  I would be a fool to set myself up in opposition to him -- just think what other tactics He might use!  


I choose rather the words from 1Peter 5:6-7 which a friend texted to me this morning - 
"Humble yourselves then under God's mighty hand, that in due time he will lift you up.  Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you."


And so I make a conscious effort.....

No comments:

Post a Comment