Monday, December 19, 2011

Check up -

Had a checkup today - blood counts low enough to warrant a "blood booster"
Feeling ok - not great - not normal - 
  but good enough to realize all the stuff I have to do in the next 3 days!!! Yikes!
  Good thing that Christmas will happen whether I am ready for it or not!
Walked 2 1/2 miles today - Yay!


Blood counts today were lower than this point last time, which is to be expected. (It doesn't make it better though!)  Because they know that I am traveling and they want me to be as strong as possible, they gave me a shot of neupogen.  This will stimulate my bone marrow to make more blood cells.  Side effects include (among other things) body aches for several days :(
Oh well -- I am banking on this making me strong enough to resist all the germs on the flight!  


Another nasty side effect is this "amped up" jittery feeling that starts about the weekend after chemo and just hangs on.  I mentioned last post that I was really emotional....that is still making life challenging for me - and my poor family.  I am so snarly!  This is probably a large contributor to the "stressed out" feeling.  Sure hope it goes away when all this is finished!  I am so done with it!!


One a more cheerful note - I have made a photo collage on the front of my fridge of Christmas photos -- that way I am reminded of all of you that are loving me through this -- it makes me smile every time I see it, so thanks for sending them!  Those of you that don't send pictures, e-mail one to me so that I can add you to my collection!  



A friend sent this quote from K-Love to me
“Faith doesn’t deny a problem’s existence.  It denies it a place of influence.”  How difficult it is to not allow this to have an influence.  I have hit the portion of this game where I am unable to do the things that I love doing, that are "normal" - like attend parties, go to dinner with Todd or walk in cold weather.           It makes me really crabby!  
Once again, I have to change my focus from what I cant do to what I have/can do --- 
    How many times do I have to learn this lesson??? 
I am thankful for:
  nice, un-Wisconsin like weather                Christmas lights to brighten the early darkness
  great neighbors that help us out                Paul being here at home
  my phone-keeps me connected to y'all    my fingers being less sensitive than they were
  great job with great insurance !!!               photos of friends to make me smile
  playing canasta - even if I lose often :)     good food(often delivered!)- being able to eat it 
  That I live here in the US and not in the middle of some war-torn country....
  For God's love for me - for us all!


Nothing like counting blessings to make the day better!  



Once again, thank you for checking in on us -- I continue to be amazed by how many people still are looking for my blog and say they are encouraged by it.  All I can say is 
God can use anything for His good and His glory-I am proof of it!   


"That had to be God, cause I know Christine and it couldn't have been just her! She had help!"


You bet I do!  :) Thankful for my Help!
  Ps 118:7 The Lord is with me, He is my helper!  I will look in triumph on my enemies!



No comments:

Post a Comment