Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Nurse check report - Slower bouncing back

Low Blood counts - susceptible to infection :( but feeling pretty good - just tired 
Trying to cram 2 weeks worth of living into one week!

We were blessed to have a good weekend and I made it to bible study today.  I feel pretty decent, though nausea hung on til yesterday.  I get tired much more easily now.  Things like talking after church, or bible study leave me pretty well drained of energy and routine chores are tiring - but that is all part of this game!  Overall, the side effects were harder and longer than the first time.  I simply cannot allow my brain to think about how I will be by round 10, 11 or 12..... too scarey!  It calls for a dose of courage - Ex 14:14 - The Lord will fight for you -- you need only be still.  
Good thing -cause being still's about all I can do!!!

My nurse check yesterday went long -- my white and red blood counts are low and they had to confer whether they were going to give me medicine to combat that.  The consensus was to not give me anything, but let my body build itself back up.  I think that is good - not sure  :)

Please pray that my body can heal itself and that I can be disciplined to do my exercises (yuck) and eat properly and take my medicine cheerfully.  If my levels do not come up, they may postpone chemo. Our trip to MT is scheduled around when I am "better" so shifting the schedule will impact our trip.  I am trusting God.... Prov 3:5-6

The sermon this weekend talked about presence.  
He referred to a ministry of presence --
    Thank you to each of you for your ministry of presence to us.  Your notes, hugs, texts, calls
    and meals have blessed us so much.  Whether you are far away, or just across the street, 
    we feel your presence and love and are lifted up.  

He talked about how each of us changes the room by our presence.  
Anywhere you are, you change the dynamics by being there - by what you bring-by your attitude.
Did you ever think about that?  
I never did before. I had no idea how much I had influenced people.  The stack of cards and my e-mail box is proof that I had made a difference - and I didn't even know it!  
How are you changing the dynamics of your circle of influence? 
Are you positive and cheerful or a grumpy old Scrooge? 
Are people lifted up after they spend time with you or do you suck the life out of them?    
Do you bring peace and a thankful spirit - or do you bring a critical spirit? 

 "If the love of the Lord is in your heart, why doesn't it show on your face?"  :) 


It is difficult to have a positive attitude.  It is possible, though to bring a peaceful, positive spirit to any situation if you are spending time in the presence of the Lord.  
Matt 19:26, "with God all things are possible."  
Happiness is dependent on our circumstances.  Joy is dependent on God and He gives peace.
John 14:27 My peace I give to you.  I do not give to you as the world gives.  Do not let your hearts be troubled.... 


I am living proof of that. 


May you spend time in His presence so that your presence is a blessing to those around you.  

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Christine for your positive outlook, truly, that is what defines you and I am personally appreciative for your living testimony.

    I think I understand the language you speak,” Low Blood counts - susceptible to infection, nausea etc… Whatever the case, keep looking up and keep making God’s promises real one day at a time. I was carrying Joshua 1:5 today; I will be with you, I will not leave you or forsake you.” Those words are for you too Christine.

    Monica

    ReplyDelete