Saturday, April 2, 2016

Drinkin' from a fire hose....

Integrative Doc appointment was interesting, a completely different point of view.....
Going to a healing service tonight 
Appointment with City of Hope for 4/14 for second western medicine opinion
Port placement tentatively scheduled for 4/18
Continuing to drop weight  - eating well tho!  Integrative doc not concerned, said I would
    level out as my body adjusts to cleaner eating.  

I went into this integrative appointment hoping I would come out with a clear sense of what to do....No such luck!  She shared a lot-- I really need to take time to ponder all this.  She suggested many, many different things to do -- as well as tests.  It seemed that the approach was "we don't know what will specifically work for your body, so let's run some tests and also let's try this,this and this, and then run another test and gauge how you are responding."    

Two things she said really struck me.  
One was that there is 100% certainty that there are cancer cells still in my body and it would be back.  
The other one was not to do chemo, because the cancer cells would mutate and become more aggressive (which fits with what happened -- 4 years later I have it again instead of the 10-20 years they had said)  and more resistant to the chemo.   She suggested rather to bolster my immune system thru diet and other interventions and create an environment that would not encourage the cancer cells to establish themselves.  This feels better than chemo because I can "DO" something rather than just going and getting poison poured into my body..... however, this obviously is not mainstream...and there is a lot to "DO!" It is so hard to be wise.....It seems easy until it is you.....

For God is not a God of confusion, but of peace...I Cor 14:33
and
For which of you, desiring to build a tower, does not first sit down and count the cost, whether he has enough to complete it.      Luke 14:28
       Praying for clarity and wisdom to count the cost and weigh the options wisely.

Also outside of mainstream, western medicine, we are playing healing music and hunting for funny movies/shows/books to laugh more...(suggestions welcome!)

I am thankful for:
beautiful weather - so nice to have windows and doors open!
flowers and the bees and butterflies that love them
laughter 
Todd being so willing to cook for me 
my peaceful patio
walking almost 3 miles again and not wheezing too badly
technology that keeps me connected to y'all
the prayers of so many of you -- you are a blessing!

Thanks for checkin in! 

  


No comments:

Post a Comment