Saturday, April 16, 2016

Peaceful ....

Made a decision -
Weight holding (barely)
Still wear out easily
Stent discomfort discouraging me from exercise
Seeing holistic cold-laser-therapy doc on Monday

I believe that we all have a given number of days on this earth - "Our days may come to seventy years or eighty, if our strength endures;" Ps 90:10.  Given the last few months, sadly, mine may be shorter than we originally thought.  We all have God assignments (Eph 2:10) Until God tells me I am done working, I am going on the assumption that there is more for me to do this side of heaven.  

With that mindset, we have considered that whatever the time frame is, spending 2/3 - 3/4 of it sick (best case)  is not how I want to live my last days!  Weighing into that decision are the facts that chemo does not kill off all the cancer stem cells (so it will be back)  and it can alter the cancer cells and make them more aggressive. Instead, I am going to follow what has been my gut instinct since the very beginning.  I am turning  my life upside down.  Obviously, the way I have been living has gotten my body to this "sick" state and I need to live in a healthier way --  detox a lot, eat better, cleaner food, sleep longer, explore the mind-body healing connection, manage stress better, laugh more and learn to play more.  We all are going to die  -  I'd rather die this way, striving to live life more in line with the way He intended us to live, than with poison dripping into my body.   It is a blessing to be able to choose -- many never get a choice.....

I have cancelled my port placement on Monday.  We have an appointment with the oncologist on Wed.  Hopefully, she will not "fire" me as her patient and will agree to scan me again down the road.  Prayers appreciated for that conversation please, since clearly, good bloodwork means nothing for me!  I'll continue researching alternative therapies and implementing the ones that make sense for me.

Not everyone will agree with this direction and some may be very upset.  Many may think I am crazy!  I understand -- this is contrary to what many people would do - to what I did last time! Either decision takes great courage.  It is so difficult to make a decision like this - gut-wrenching really! The inevitable thing is death. I am praying that God grants my body healing and delays the inevitable.  

If God was ever going to live up to his name, Jehovah-Rapha-The Lord who heals you - he will do it for me!  Why?  Because so many of you are pounding on heaven's gates, discussing me with Him!  Thank you!!! 

I am so thankful for:
the opportunity to choose my treatment plan
God's peace accompanying our decision
the opportunity to do normal things like attend 
   events with Todd, FaceTime with the kids, 
   play in the garden or sort books at the thrift shop
all the research resources-ideas you've sent  
the loving ongoing support from so many people-
farm fresh eggs 
amazing, powerful prayers prayed over me
YOU  - praying for me! 

    Thanks for checking in! 

PS
Does anyone besides me think it is God's timing that The Truth About Cancer is airing exactly over the weekend where I had to make this decision???
Thankful for this series~

                              
                             


9 comments:

  1. Continuing prayer as you direct, thanks for the soulful posts

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admire your courage and your faith, and I know I would make similar choices.

    Please eat as much fresh organic food as you can. That is God's food for us.

    Also, please research medical marijuana. I know it (and God),saved one of my sons years ago, when he went through terrible chemo, which he would never go through again.

    Last year I took two capsules of CBD, and had weeks of relief from 30 years of severe back and joint pain. (I was shocked!)

    I have a chart from a testing lab in Texas, which shows six medical marijuana compounds, which address cancer issues.

    You are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I admire your courage and your faith, and I know I would make similar choices.

    Please eat as much fresh organic food as you can. That is God's food for us.

    Also, please research medical marijuana. I know it (and God),saved one of my sons years ago, when he went through terrible chemo, which he would never go through again.

    Last year I took two capsules of CBD, and had weeks of relief from 30 years of severe back and joint pain. (I was shocked!)

    I have a chart from a testing lab in Texas, which shows six medical marijuana compounds, which address cancer issues.

    You are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christine,
    It takes great courage, strength & faith to make these hard choices. You always need to do what YOU feel is right for you. If you are at peace with this, then this is indeed right for you. I have always paid attention to my "gut" instinct or that little voice in my head. I firmly believe that it is God guiding me, & although He has given me free will, I know I need His help & ultimately go with His direction. Peace be with you, Christine, your journey will be showered with many prayers, mine always included. XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. So courageous. I wanted to share that I have a friend who has had success with gerson therapy as an alternative treatment for cancer. While her traditional dr didn't agree with her choice to forego chemotherapy, he's allowed her to continue to have her markers tested so he has seen first hand the healing that has happened. thanks for your beautifully written blog entry. Prayers for continued peace for your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Prayers and love to you, dear Christine. What amazing courage! What love for the life God has given us! It's wonderful that you have evaluated so many options and found what will work best for you and your life. You are in my thoughts, prayers and heart. Sending lots of love and healing thoughts your way. Love, your cousin Katie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Prayers and love to you, dear Christine. What amazing courage! What love for the life God has given us! It's wonderful that you have evaluated so many options and found what will work best for you and your life. You are in my thoughts, prayers and heart. Sending lots of love and healing thoughts your way. Love, your cousin Katie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I soooo believe it is God's timing for the Truth About Cancer to be aired right now! I'm excited and thankful for your choice & courage to follow alternative therapies. It got me well when Western med couldn't. God has a plan for you! He needs you as His servant.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Christine, your writing is beautiful through such a crappy time in life. God is truly shown through your spirit..we know a young woman who had brain cancer who went the holistic way and she is cancer free after 2-3 years. I'd be happy to forward her name onto you if you would like. God continue to give you peace, patience and happiness. Continual prayers...Love Lis

    ReplyDelete