Thursday, April 7, 2016

Pressing on - Missing my dear Father in Love

Not being at peace with last week's integrative doctor, I've gotten in at a naturopathic pharmacist today, Thursday, who will look that things from a similar standpoint  - I think...  
Today is also an appointment with my oncologist to ask some more questions --
  I just do not have peace about straight chemo....
Thankful that my weight is holding and not dropping anymore! 
Energy seems more consistent, though still on the weak side...
Adding detoxing to the healthy diet...



How am I really? 
I am so sick of thinking about cancer!!!!!
and so aware of the clock ticking....

A year ago today, God called home Todd's Dad, Jon -- who was my go to guy in any pinch -- a fun,quiet man of character that I loved very very much.  This underscores the ticking clock....We are here today and gone tomorrow....

The questions swirl around and around.....  
I have been reading an excellent book - 
loaded with footnotes about the studies he quotes.

The crux of the issue for me is this --

Will altering my body's environment by detoxing, changing my diet and eating lots of the antioxidant foods be enough of a change to keep my cancer cells in check?  Having done chemo before, it makes me wonder.....

Is my life expectancy the same if I do chemo as if I don't?
What will my quality of that life be?  

This is a lesson in trust and patience and waiting on the Lord, without panicking ....
Some days I do better than others....

One of you sent this to me -- by Ruth Graham Bell -- it is so true!


SUDDENLY THERE WAS CALM
Peace
came as suddenly today
as the storm came
a day ago.
My soul was drenched
in wind and rain
frozen in fear
that fell like snow.
Then all was still.
Had someone prayed?
I do not know.

Matt 6:34 - Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, 
   for tomorrow will worry about itself.  
   Each day has enough trouble of its own!   

I am "Leaning, leaning - leaning on the everlasting arms"

     I continue to be amazed at how far this news has traveled and how many of you are 
     praying for me...We are humbled and so very grateful!  Thank you!

     Thanks for checkin' in!  





1 comment: