Thursday, May 24, 2012

Re Entry - So much for early this week!

Side effects are limited to numb fingers and toes, bad balance, clumsiness, aches and tiredness --  I am very thankful it is not worse.  My feet have numbness over the whole foot now and my balance is really off!  Typing and fine motor things are not the easiest!   My energy seems good, but often I will hit a wall and have to rest or sleep.  The doc says that it will take 6 mos to 2 years to be back to normal.  Neh 8:10 - the joy of the Lord is my strength!


You know how it is when you come back from vacation...everything that you didn't do still needs to be done!  This week I have been a bit overwhelmed....
The problem is that it has been gorgeous weather, and I have all these domestic things that I am supposed to be doing!  I still get tired, so if I do the fun things, the "have-to's" don't happen!  Self discipline - where are you???
I was really sad to come home and find out that the finch nest in front had been robbed and the parents are gone :(  It was really hot while we were gone, and some of my plants really took a beating :( and the house is empty with Paul gone -- we had a whole 24 hours with him, which just is not enough!  and my house is a mess! whine, whine, whine!
However, in 2 months Karl will be getting married :) which is a very happy thought! and Chance still has peppy days -- in between long naps!  and my garden is starting to bloom
and the baby robins playing in the birdbath make me smile.  


Have you ever tried to discern God's will?  It is difficult sometimes--quite a process in fact.  God speaks to us through the Bible, prayer, circumstances and the church.  (Experiencing God by Henry Blackaby.) 
When you are seeking God's will, you need to spend more time in the Bible and in prayer-which for some of us, with short attention spans, can be quite a challenge!  In an effort to be more disciplined, I have been reading in the new testament -  but I get derailed quite often!  Dirt therapy provides much time for prayer, but again - I get distracted...Can it be that the devil doesn't want me to discern God's will??? Oh yeah!  
Circumstances are those things that happen around you - a random comment by a man at Menards--a verse that comes back to you -- something your child says -- They all can be indicators!  Writing them down in chronological order has helped me to see them more clearly -- of course that means that I have to be disciplined about writing them down!  If I don't tho, I find that I forget some of the things and the pattern is not as clear. 
The church refers to your Godly friends.  Talk through the issues with them.  See what their comments are - write them down so you don't forget.  Ask for their prayers and wisdom.  Sometimes they say back to you what you just said, and you have a revelation.  
Sometimes after they have prayed about it, they will call you and share some wisdom.  


Jer 33:3 says, " call to me and I will answer you, and tell you great and unsearchable things that you do not know!"


We are supposed to ask -- but in this world that is full of words, music, electronic devices and to do lists -- it is hard to quiet your heart to hear what He says.  


We are to "be still and know that I am God" from Ps 46:10 --
but oh that is so hard!  Yet it is the only way to discern his will.....


Thank you for checking in -- 
I will probably blog over the weekend and then early next week, but I will be heading back to St. Louis for a wedding -- one of my area bible study girls is getting married!  :)  It is hard to blog while I travel, because there is so much to do - and I don't want to type just to type -- There needs to be a worthwhile message for you!  


Blessings to you all! and thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment