Monday, May 7, 2012

"Getting Better slowly" and "Dealing with Fear"

Last nurse check today!  no blood draws til next month (shouldn't be for 3 mos, but liver enzymes up again) Side effects- some better, like indigestion is less frequent - but fingers/toes still really numb, haven't felt one finger in 5 days now and can't wear sandals because toes are so cold/numb.  Lack of coordination seems a bit better (no jokes here!) 


I am amazed how God continues to bring good from this -- Have had several conversations with people about fear -- They had situations going on and contacted me asking for scriptures -- I am honored that they asked and also to be able to share God's strength!  So here are some "go to" scriptures for coping with fear, in case they are of help to anyone else:


Jer 29:11 I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord - 
  Plans to prosper you and not to harm you --
  Plans to give you a hope and a future.
Is 43:1-3 Fear not, for I have redeemed you, I have summoned you by name, you are mine.
  When you pass through the waters, I will be with you and 
  When you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you and
  When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned --
     The flames will not set you ablaze, for I am the Lord your God....
Ps 34:18-19
  The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.
  A righteous man has many troubles, but the Lord delivers him from them all.
Ps 46, 121, 91and 23 - the whole thing - favorite excerpts
Ps 46:1 God is our refuge and strength, an ever present help in trouble.  
  Therefore, we will not fear, though the earth give way......
Ps 121:1 I Lift up my eyes to the hills, where does my help come from?
  My help comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth....
Ps 91:1-2 He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High
    will rest in the shadow of the Almighty
  I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress
    my God in whom I trust
Ps 23:4 even tho I walk thru the valley of the shadow of death
  I will fear no evil, for you are with me.
Phil 4:13 I can do all things thru Him who strengthens me
Phil 4:19 My God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus
Phil 1:6 He who began a good work in you will carry it to completion until the day of Christ 
  Jesus
Ps 50:15 Call upon me in the day of trouble  
  I will deliver you and you will honor me!
Rom 8:28 God works all things together for the good of those who love Him and are called according to His purpose.  


There is an assortment of encouragement.  When you are facing fearful situations, hang on to these verses - either put them on your favorite, always-with-you electronic device or go the old school way and write 'em down - or both.  I found a small composition book (2 x 3) that fits in the back pocket of my jeans. I wrote many of these in there and took it with me prior to surgeries or scary appointments.  
By the way, if you are trying to encourage someone else - texting scripture to them is powerful.  Looking at your phone is socially acceptable, whereas reading your bible in public may be more conspicuous than comforting!


Send me your favorite "courage" verses-I can always use more!


Thanks for checkin' in!  
Blessings to you!  





No comments:

Post a Comment