Friday, May 11, 2012

Dirt Therapy for Frustration

Side effects are the same - I have not gotten any mouth sores though which is a first in a very long time!  Hands-feet-balance-clumsy - all about the same.  Sensitivity to the sun is more of a problem now than it was when I was not outside much -- I have to be careful about burning.  Thankful they are not worse.  


Have you ever worked really hard to accomplish something? You work, sacrifice, seek God's counsel and are proud of how far God got you -- and then people misjudge you-- they call you names....
    Question your motives...
       Attack your character....
Have you ever had that happen? Can you relate to the knife in the heart feeling?   Have you felt really alone?  
  
When hurt deeply, my M.O. is to retire to the garden, where I exhaust myself amending clay to make soil, splitting and moving plants--and talk to God with just the plants and birds as an audience--  It's hard to get over the hurt -- especially if it's intentionally and publicly inflicted - kinda like the pharisees did to Jesus!  
Ecc 1:9 does say, "there is nothing new under the sun!"
We should not be surprised by this kind of behavior!   
Remembering everything that Christ went through and endured, makes it seem that my deal is much, much smaller -- much less painful.  
Tho it still hurts 
  - it still makes me mad 
    - I still want to get even............(You didn't know you were getting a confession did you?)


Somehow at the end of a day like this, not only am I stiff and sore, but I have a deep peace, an appreciation for nature, for God's provision and my situation seems more bearable.    
My temper is sweetened watching a pair of chickadees build a nest together - and I think of Matt 6:26...the birds neither sow nor reap, but God feeds them - "are you not much more valuable than they?"  Some days I think not!  Especially when my attitude is in the toilet, but God in his great grace chose to save me and always loves me......I am blessed!  


Makes me think of Mandisa's Stronger --
  He knows this is gonna make you stronger...


I am thankful for
baby robins and their parents
a momma finch guarding her nest when I get too close
the chickadee family
beautiful blossoms
sunshine
sunscreen so I can be outside 
phones
safe travel
God's presence to cheer me up


Thanks for checkin' in! Have a great weekend!







No comments:

Post a Comment