Wednesday, May 9, 2012

motivation - where are you???

Side effects the same - not much better- not much worse - the clumsiness and numb fingers are such a pain - everything that is fine motor is difficult.  My mood has been pretty cranky since last night, which is not fun - just ask Todd!  walked 3 1/2 miles today! yay!


Today has been overcast, some rain and colder than I was hoping for.  My mood and motivation to accomplish anything matches the day!  Yuck! It is so hard to remember that I am still dealing with these toxins when I feel I should be acting "normal" - whatever that is!   


I really loved "Jesus Calling" today.  It starts "Don't be so hard on yourself. (It always throws me when I get a message that is perfectly timed!!) I can bring good even out of your mistakes.....look to Me...anticipating that My infinite creativity can weave both good choices and bad into a lovely design......Thinking that you should live an error-free life is symptomatic of pride.  (wow!) Your failures can be a source of blessing, humbling you and giving you empathy.....failure highlites your dependence on Me!  I am able to bring beauty out of the morass of your mistakes......" (what a great descriptive noun - a morass! sounds like a boggy swamp of quicksand - which is exactly what some bad decisions are like!)


This passage is amazing!  I love how reassuring it is -especially because I am very good at re-hashing the past and regretting things.  It points out how silly it is to think I won't make mistakes -- and how those mistakes cause empathy -- which will be a blessing when I express it to someone else!   I just love it when God brings good out of the morass of my mistakes!!  
He is amazing!    


Today I am thankful for
an oriole and an indigo bunting at my feeders (I hope they stick around)
warblers singing
cleaning out a closet
leftovers so I don't have to cook
my snuggly blanket 
puffs plus lotion
a friend's good biopsy report
the prayers of a child
rain to water the earth
sun after rain


Is 46:4 I will sustain you and rescue you
Ps 91:1-2He who dwells in the shelter of the most high will rest in the shadow of the almighty
      I will say of the Lord, he is my refuge and my fortress, My God in whom I trust
Jer 32:27 I am the Lord, the God of all mankind - is anything too hard for me?


Thanks for checkin' in!

No comments:

Post a Comment