Wednesday, June 6, 2012


Back again – sorry it has been this long between times -- I got distracted :)

Had my first port flush today - woo hoo!  They also drew blood to check and see how my liver enzymes were and everything is back within the normal range.  I am blessed and very very thankful!  
It was a weird feeling to walk back into the infusion lab!  I thought again how different I look compared with the other patients.  It has to be God and all the prayers discussing my healing with Him!  Thank you!  

Well, the side effects are the same--the numbness is annoying.  At night, after I have been in bed about ½ hour, my feet really tingle and are uncomfortable.  It also seems as though my digestive system is more sensitive than it used to be also, which I don’t really appreciate! 

This past week I went back to St. Louis for a wedding.  It was a bittersweet visit – wonderful to be back in a place I called home for nineteen years, but frustrating to have very short conversations with many people, like at church, and feel like there was so much more to say.  There were many people that I wanted to see, but could not!  It was a sweet time, full of good conversations with good friends.  I miss it, but this is home until God tells us otherwise!

The wedding was lovely!  The groom, we have known for twenty years.  He and the best man were close friends with our boys.  The bride was one of the high school girls in my area bible study group about 8 or so years ago.  They have been high school sweethearts and have lived their faith in their courting (long distance for most of it!) and now in their wedding.  What a blessing to get to be there and celebrate with them!

I was struck by several things:
-everything is cheaper in St. Louis!
-the number of people who came up to me saying, "I have been praying for you!"
   tho I didn't realize it, St. John had/has been praying for me throughout this whole journey!
-how many people said I had been an encouragement to them!
  When I started this, I never dreamed how many people would be affected by this blog….. 
-both the bride, the groom and their parents (all separately) said how thrilled they were 
  that I was there!  talk about feeling special!  
-friends are so precious


Love is patient, love is kind.  
It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.  
It is not rude, it is not self seeking, it is not easily angered, 
it keeps no record of wrongs.  Love does not delight in evil, but rejoices with the truth.  
It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.  Love never fails. 
1 Cor 13:4-8 was the text for the wedding.  
We think of this passage in conjunction with romantic love, yet I am reminded of how much love I have received from all of you through this.  You have blessed us immeasurably!  We will not forget it!  


Thanks for checkin in - I will try to make it more than 1 time a week!




No comments:

Post a Comment