Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Waiting some more...

Liver enzymes are elevated still, but they are coming down.  
CAT scan is scheduled for tomorrow morning at 9:30.  
   If it is ok, I will get chemo tomorrow.  If not....he will change some of the drugs I am on. 


He ordered the scan to figure out why my liver enzymes are elevated.  He has taken me off all supplements to see if this helps and they are coming down, but they are still quite high.  Tomorrow, they will be looking for any abnormalities and for cancer on/in the liver (a common place for colon cancer to metastasize to)  They will read it immediately to know if I am healthy enough for chemo tomorrow at noon, so the waiting is drawing to a close.   


How am I doing?  
Well, I got a little teary when talking with Dr Frick-- not really surprising --
Basically I am ok and peaceful.  I am a bit scared, but  am trying hard not to think the worst case scenario and focus on doing the laundry and cleaning the house.  I have my scripture cards out - reminding myself of how big God is -- and that he will bring good out of this, even if I cannot see how.  


I am thankful for
friends who pray for me and their encouragement 
Dr Frick who cares and follows up faithfully
making it to bible study, late but I made it!
sunshine
daylight lasting longer
warm weather
crocuses blooming 
naps
God's promises to be with me and never leave me
His peace which is keeping me calm
Hugs from friends
Chance


Blessings and thank you for checking in and for your prayers.  They truly make a difference - I am sure I would be a sobbing mess without them!! 





4 comments:

  1. Prayers & more prayers... Bless you! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Christine:
    You are always in my thoughts and prayers. I love you !!
    Jeannine Colin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always keeping you in my prayers and close to my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hugs to you. My sister in law Debbiehas just come through cancer treatment in the last year. She told me this summer that she would not wish it on anybody. Her faith and xharacter have undergone remarkable growth...I know this not only because se told me but because I have seen and felt it from her. I could not realize that she really had cancer...a type of denial...until they told me she would go through the chemo and lose her hair. Then I wept and wept.
    Oh Christine, God works in natural and super natural ways. May He use every means available to heal you. Jesus, I ask it in You most Holy and Powerful Name. Love to you, dear sister in Christ.

    ReplyDelete