Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Finished with #10!

Disconnected from my pump late this morning!  
Woke up at 1:30 a.m. and stayed awake!!  Took a short nap  but I hate it when chemo does that!
Put on seabands to  combat indigestion/nausea-but it isn't as bad as sometimes
Mouth sores starting.... No facial swelling though!  Praises be!
Hands continue swollen, cracky etc.

Had an appointment w an ob/gyn to discuss the cysts on my ovaries and cervix.  He was confident that these are not cancer related and not a problem.  He said that as we age, our ovaries work harder and that can produce cysts - as can the stress of chemo.  His recommendation is to come back in 3 mos for another ultrasound and exam to make sure that nothing has changed for the worse.  This fits with what my oncologist said as well....so
I am praising God for this good news!  Thank you Jesus!  

Went to noon lenten services today--Todd gave the message and did a really nice job-- [so I am a little biased :)] Afterward, I had the honor of being prayed over.  I had no idea they were going to do this, but they annointed me with oil and laid hands on me and prayed for healing.....There were two muslim Christians in the group.  It was amazing to hear God's word so eloquently prayed with an accent--something I have never experienced before. They spoke beautifully -- I was so touched that they would pray for me, when they had never even met me before -- I should be used to that by now -- but it still catches me off guard and makes me teary eyed.   They blessed me so much!  

Had another first - the closing hymn was the first and last stanzas of Abide with Me.  This hymn always makes me cry -- I think back to when my mother lay dying in the hospital and directly opposite her bed, in her line of vision, my father had hung a cross.  It remained there even when she went into a coma.  
Normally I cry pretty hard during this hymn and today I sang it with no tears at all!  That was a miracle. 

Here's several verses of that hymn 

Abide with me; fast falls the eventide;
The darkness deepens; Lord with me abide.
When other helpers fail and comforts flee,
Help of the helpless, O abide with me.

Swift to its close ebbs out life's little day;
Earths joys grow dim; its glories pass away;
Change and decay in all around I see;
O Thou who changes not, abide with me.

Hold Thou Thy cross before my closing eyes;
Shine through the gloom and point me to the skies.
Heaven's morning breaks, and earth's vain shadows flee;
In life, in death O Lord abide with me....

Last Summer I hung a cross for my father's eyes to rest on, when he was in hospice care--a reminder of where he was going and that this is not our home.
The image the last verse conjures up - of focusing on the cross as you leave this earth, is so powerful for me.  It is a reminder  to hold Christ's cross before me at all times--to view each circumstance with the cross as the focus--to not get wrapped up too much in the scary details, but to trust that God will make a way.  
Is 30:21 says,"your ears will hear a voice behind you saying,"This is the way; walk in it.""
Is 48:17 says "I am the Lord your God who teaches you what is best for you; 
                       who directs you in the way you should go."

I am trusting that just as God has lead us in the past, He will continue to lead us--even when it is scary.

Thankful for a good report from the doctor
beautiful sun
birds
prayer warriors
God's word and promises
benedryl to make me sleep tonight
all of you checking in

May we all learn the art of holding the cross before our eyes, no matter what the circumstance is.....
Blessings to you!

   

No comments:

Post a Comment