Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Every Chemo is different!

This chemo hit hard - slept during chemo-came home and napped - back to sitting and staring - not even really thinking - just in a fog
Yesterday I was yellow/green -- today I am bright pink - the rainbow colors of chemo :)
Fingers continue the healing process-it feels like I am wearing mesh gloves - like they are waking up from being asleep--still trouble typing- can touch cold things if I do it fast - but cold drinking fountains just freeze my mouth -hands still dry cracky and peely
Nausea is not really nausea, rather more like indigestion and heartburn - 
Hair is still thinning - I am down to about 1/2 what I started with!  even the strands are thinner!  
Did make it to Bible study though :)
Pushing myself to exercise to keep my blood good - boy is that hard!


Went today for an ultrasound to follow up about the cysts on my ovaries. Meet tomorrow with the doc.  These are not related to the cancer, so they say -- but you always wonder..... None of the docs thought this would be cancer either  -- Just giving it to God...


A friend of mine said in regard to her own physical healing situation,
"God's still working on it"  
I love that!  God's still working on it -- and on me.  
Praying I get the lesson so I can move on!  lol


Wanted to offer a continued thank you to all of you who have pitched in to help with meals and rides.  They make a profound difference!  When you see me, I am putting my best foot forward and am at my very best.  What follows my best is a lot of naps!...still.  Even though I am not as riddled with symptoms, exhaustion is never far away.  It is amazing how  weakness has crept in.  Over the weekend, putzing in the garden and picking up sticks totally wore me out.  For those of you that know me well -- it was a great blessing to get to "play in the dirt."  I truly enjoy that and was shocked at  how much it cost me. 
All this to say - thank you so much - I am really humbled and grateful for the lovely meals and the continued rides.  They are such a help!  Another star in your crown in heaven!  :) 


Thankful today for 
being able to pray for others 
sunshine 
Chance
some energy
help from others
water tasting good
indigestion instead of nausea
lent
our wonderful neighbors 
our loving church family
God's promises
e-mail to encourage each other, even when we are apart



Not much profound to say - so I will sign off with the reminder that 
when all you can do is rest, then rest with the Lord.


Ps 91:1,2 He who dwell in the shelter of the most high, 
                    will rest in the shadow of the almighty
               I will say of the Lord, He is my rrefuge and my fortress, 
                    my God in whom I trust.  
I put my trust in the end of Exodus 15:26 - I am the Lord who heals you.  


May you rest in the Lord, even if it is a small window in your busy day - 
therein lies your strength!  










No comments:

Post a Comment