Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Blessings upon blessings!

My abdominal CAT scan came out completely clean!  Praise God who listens to your many many prayers!
Chemo 9 underway.  Oxaliplatin (the drug that made my fingers sensitive to cold and made things taste like metal and made me clumsy) has been removed from my treatment plan.  YIPPEE!!!


Here's some of the things that have blown me away over the last 36 hours:
-facing the reality that cancer may have spread to my liver, despite being on chemo 
    (thus making it a particularly vicious strain-and wondering where else it went)
-trying not to go down the "what if" path.....and not always succeeding
-seeing the outpouring of people praying for me
-that people would put prayer requests on facebook for me! 4 that I know of--
    273 people responded on Todd's face book post!  and that doesn't count the people who 
         responded to the other 3 posted requests for prayers for me and those I don't know about! 
    Martin Luther - the student body prayed for me during chapel
    2 classes that I know of prayed for me by name - and there may be more
    The LHSAGM staff met this morning at 9:15 to pray for me and Todd was not even there!
       At 9:15 I was in the middle of the procedure --and they were lifting me up!  
                   Do you have any idea how that feels?  Todd read me the list last night of 'likes' and 
                   I just wept with thankfulness.  You carry us through.  I am greatly humbled and 
                   honored.  Thank you!
-the raw nerves of going for the test and doing the prep (icky) 
        (walking in, and the waiting room are harder) 
-receiving all the loving text messages - I knew I was not alone, 
        but y'all really made me feel that I had company there with me.  
-waiting and watching my phone - willing it to ring
-getting the all clear from Dr. Frick's office at 11:10 - 
-scrambling to let people know
        Todd didn't get my message before people got the fb messages- He was on the phone
           - I felt really bad....  :(
-scrambling to get to chemo at 11:30 with a lunch 
-getting the chemo (still felt kinda icky and very very tired, but so elated that I was clear.....)
-coming home and walking Chance in 76 degree weather 
     (I usually cannot walk the day of chemo!)
-feeling good enough to go to worship - normally I am crashed on the couch and don't move 


How am I doing?  After riding the rollercoaster - I am exhausted  and elated and deeply deeply 
thankful!  


Ps 28:6
    Praise be to the Lord, for he heard my cry for mercy
Ps 18:49
    I will praise you among the nations o Lord; I will sing praises to your name!
Ps 68:19
   Praise be to the Lord, to God our Savior who daily bears our burdens....Selah


Love this song!  Singing it while I do a happy dance - with my pump attached!  
Free to Live for you - Newsboys


Thank you for checking in!  Blessings and thank you for your prayers, love and support!  
You are the body of Christ - loving as He did!  

1 comment:

  1. So happy and THRILLED for you. We pray, as you pray and keep up the positive attitude.

    ReplyDelete