Friday, March 16, 2012

3/4 of the way done! and more blessings!

This round easier-some energy yesterday morning, fading as the day went on.
Side effects - mouth sores, fatigue but
thanking God that I have no nausea, no tingling in my fingers.
Thankful for clear scan results but following up with an ob/gyn about the cysts on my ovaries 


Because Dr Frick removed the oxalyplatin from my "chemo cocktail", I am blessed by not having some of the more awfull side effects -- 
no nausea (didn't even put on my seabands!) 
    also forgot to take bread up to bed with me--I usually would eat bread before even thinking 
    about getting out of bed!  
I can drink cooler things (they would have to be tepid before) not cold, but cool
Water tastes like water - not a stagnant brackish well.
Typing and texting is easier- my fine motor skills are not as bad -- still not great, but better than
    they usually are on day 3 of chemo!
Craving sweets and starches which I should not have!  
I am still very tired tho.....nap time is right around the corner!  


I have an appointment on the 28th with an ob/gyn to discuss the cysts on my ovaries  and will have an ultrasound several days before. The doc says they are unrelated to the cancer.... makes you think though -- makes you hang on to God more tightly!


Many people have asked what is causing the enzymes to be so elevated -- Dr Frick is not positive, thinking perhaps the chemo is doing that.  He has removed any vitamins and supplements from my diet to eliminate anything that may be causing this.  The enzyme values were lower than the time before, just not near normal.  This may just be a slow progression back to "normal."  I don't know.  


We have very mild weather here in WI.  My viburnum actually have blooms on them already!  Peonies, stella doro lilies and daffodils are all coming up!  I hope we don't get hammered with Winter again - though I can hardly believe that we are finished with it! 


Psalm 18 selected...
I love you O Lord, my strength.  
The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer;
  my God is my rock in whom I take refuge...
In my distress I called to the Lord;
  I cried to my God for help.  
From his temple he heard my voice;
  my cry came before him, into his ears....


The Lord lives!  Praise be to my Rock!  
  Exalted be God my Savior! 


So very thankful for all God has done for me 
and 
for you checking in to see how I am!  
Blessings to you!   


  





1 comment:

  1. Terry Kirkland CookMarch 16, 2012 at 5:44 PM

    So glad for this week and for a good corner turned as far as symptoms from the chemo. You are a joyous light for the Lord in a dark place and your spirit is a precious one. Covering you in continued prayers and supportive love.

    I remember hearing John Piper (Desiring God.org) years ago when he was diagnosed with prostate cancer. He was bold for the Lord and "did not want his cancer to be wasted." I think of that now for you and for me and our witness through the storm of cancer. It is one of this broken world's hardest storms to face and we will continue to face it with God as our vessel of protection.
    So nice to have a Christian sister to stand beside in support...
    Much love to you,
    Terry

    ReplyDelete