Saturday, March 3, 2012

2/3 of the way done with chemo!

Side effects include but are not limited to nausea, stinging/tingling hands that drop everything, facial swelling, hands swelling and cracking, lethargy, sleep induced by benedryl to take down the swelling, everything tasting off and just feeling yucky in general.  


Very thankful to be this far - starting to feel a little more like a person than a zombie--though not much more... can feel the weakness growing...have not exercised at all....


We had a beautiful snowfall that was very heavy and my sweet husband went out to fill the birdfeeders in all the snow....it is so hard to ask for  help....wonder if I will ever learn to ask without feeling guilty about it...We were blessed by our neighbors who spent a long time clearing our driveway -- Did I mention it was heavy snow???  Thank you friends! 


I am thankful for
snowblowing neighbors
the power coming back on
medicine 
   to kill the cancer, 
   to manage the nausea, 
   to manage the mouth sores
   to manage the cracked hands
a soft couch and warm blankey
beautiful snow to look at 
not having to go out in the snow!
my sweet dog
my wonderful neighbors that walk him when I can't
great food that just magically appears at our house
garden magazines and fresh bread delivered to my doorstep 
friends stopping in to visit me
lotion to help my crackly hands
safe travel for family and friends
internet, texting and phone conversations that keeps me connected to friends
the heated birdbath that keeps the birds coming, providing entertainment
that I am 2/3 done with this yucky game!  
God sending me reminders from his word of his love


Zeph 3:17  The Lord your God is with you
                     He is mighty to save.  
                 He will take great delight in you 
                     He willl quiet you with his love
                     He will rejoice over you with singing


Zech 4:6  This is the word of the Lord (to me): 
                     "Not by might, nor by power but by my spirit," says the Lord Almighty"  


Thanks for checking in --Blessings to you!









1 comment:

  1. Love that verse ever since I read a blog post by the mother of a developmentally disabled little girl. Her mother taught her everyday about Jesus and his love for her but wasn't sure how much her daughter understood. Then one day, when she was 6 and her mother was asking her if if she remembered who Jesus was the little girl replied, "I know Jesus. He sings to me in the dark" Her mother asked if he talked to her as they never spoke about Jesus singing and she kept insisting, "NO...he sings" That evening her mother's Bible reading included Zeph 3:17 and she rejoiced over how her precious, SPECIAL daughter DELIGHTED the Lord.

    ReplyDelete