Sunday, May 29, 2016

Memorial Day Weekend

Appointment with Oasis of Hope will be rescheduled
Ultra sound confirms hernia
Weight holding

Phone appointment had to be rescheduled because the Doc was with other patients.  Have not heard about this yet --- maybe it is an answer???
The ultrasound showed that I do have a hernia -- .8 of a centimeter.  One would not think something so small would cause so much trouble! 
After wrestling with my hernia belt to try and get it to fit properly and not hurt worse, I have come to a somewhat peaceful coexistance with it -- tho it is an added aggravation (getting things to fit right and having to take it off every time I go to the bathroom - which is often given my water consumption!) This is a little thing, but like water wearing on a stone, the belt can be frustrating and the hernia is painful!  I have to remember that this is no big deal - so many have it much worse!  However, if it hits me when I am feeling discouraged or doubting that I am winning this fight, I really have to dig deep to not spiral down hill quickly.  That is usually when the devil hits hard- sowing seeds of discontent and self pity.  
Ps 61:2 helps -
    From the ends of the earth I call to you, I call as my heart grows faint; 
        lead me to the rock that is higher than I.

Thankful for:
-the successful close of another school year and  the energy to participate in the festivities
-access to all the vast array of supplements that help me feel good and fight this battle
-family, phones, skype and faceTime
-hernia belt helping and not hurting
-being able to walk further distances and feel strong
-doing yoga and meditating 4 days in a row (you have to celebrate the small things!)
-visits from friends that turn regular days into "vacation" for a few hours
-God's grace reminding me that my problems are light and momentary by comparison to others who have much greater problems
-Those who protect our country and fight for freedom!


Thanks for checkin in!  Have a blessed Memorial Day! 





No comments:

Post a Comment