Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Played and Paid


Played hard Sat - Rested hard Sunday and Monday
Energy seems good - weight holding
Hard to stay faithful to diet when I'm feeling good
Bracelets going out! Let me know if you want any!

Sat we left the house at noon and got home around 10.  We took people out for lunch, went to the Best of Broadway performance at OLu at 2, ran an errand, changed clothes and went to the Concordia Gala.  I made it through the Gala up to the show -- then I faded! 
I was so thrilled that I could do so much!  It was a huge victory for me!  Thank you God for the energy! 
Sunday I was very slow and Monday also - just tired!  I did have a few flashes of energy here and there, but they did not last really long.  That is why you have not heard from me -- it takes energy to write coherently :)

One thing that I noticed is that with increased energy, comes increased dissatisfaction with my diet!  When I felt terrible, eating raw, heavy veggie, no processed, was a means to the end of "feeling better"and "having more energy."  
Whining Alert! skip to next session if you don't want to hear whining!
Now that I have more energy, it is not quite so easy to not pout when Todd has pepperoni pizza and I have grilled chicken with mixed greens and balsamic dressing.  
This is a lesson in not comparing.  The chicken and greens are great - I like them and I had a fabulous red pepper humus.  When eaten while smelling fresh pepperoni pizza tho, it is easy to lose my contentment and my thankful heart!  Todd did ask if it was ok to order pizza with our friends -- what am I going to say - no?   
I certainly don't want them to feel awkward!  And the fact is that this is my new normal.  People all around me will eat things that I should not eat. Reminding myself of why I am eating this way (to detox, to strengthen my immune system and keep the cancer from establishing itself again)- is so important!  Self motivation is the key to my successful self discipline.  


Here's my motivation -- being healthy and fit to enjoy my family!!!

It dampens my whining quickly!  
Let everyone else eat whatever - I am empowering my little cells to be strong and fight against an early end to my life.  

That is motivating!!   

What is that compared to a lovely glass of wine [whine :)] a steak or a brownie?  
Nothing!  (well almost - haha!)



I leave you with God's reminder about contentment  - from 1 Tim 6:6
     .....but Godliness with contentment is great gain...

Oh that I may continue to seek God, to remember his many gifts to me like my family and to be thankful and contented and "do everything without complaining....so that I may be ....pure" (Phil 2:15)

So thankful for:
energy
friends who pray for me 
bracelets to mail out
clean water
fresh vegetables
a mind that remembers
gaining a pound
beautiful cool weather
skype and FaceTime
reading books to Aliyah

Thanks for checkin' in and for your prayers!  God bless!





No comments:

Post a Comment