Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Played and didn't pay as much!

Gained 2 pounds and holding for 5 days!! 
Feeling good makes remembering that life is not normal a challenge... 
Hernia is causing gut pain...

Been wrestling this week with pain in my gut - low left, where it was before.  I did not connect the pain in my gut with my hernia!  Two different docs had said about that, don't worry about it - just don't lift heavy things... (easier said than done on both counts!!)
I did not realize that hernias were painful so didn't tie the two together and was getting pretty anxious about the pain.  Fortunately, a friend told me that hernias can be quite painful, which put 2 and 2 together!   My primary care is ordering an ultrasound to see if we can see anything.  Unfortunately I have spent a week trying to figure this out and manage pain :( argh!

Several weeks ago the doctor had suggested some additional supplements based on my bloodwork last time. It has taken some time to figure out exactly what I'm supposed to take and how much.  Supplements often come in liquid or pill or capsule form and often include different forms of the element.  Many have asked what supplements I am on.  With the caveat that you should be under a doctor's care to add supplements to your diet, because it may be harmful to you, here goes:

Glutamine - for muscle growth -yes this can feed cancer cells, but we need to feed the 
   healthy cells.  Erratic dosages would be more likely to feed cancer cells than regular
   doses
CoQ10 for energy
Fulvic Acid for nutrient absorption, detox and to buffer my body's acidity
Melatonin - in a high dose to increase my Natural Killer cell (NK) count
Liposomal Vitamin C -powerful anti oxidant-(http://products.mercola.com/vitamin-c/) explains
   it well
Milk Thistle Extract - liver cleansing, anti angiogenisis(a tumor growing blood vessels) 
Curcumin w Black Pepper (3:1) against inflammation


A few other hints he gave me:

walk after a meal to lower your blood sugar
drink LOTS of water
don't drink alkali water or water with lemon with 
   your supplements because it can hinder the 
   nutrient absorption 
avoid carrageenan in your almond milk -  My 
   blood was "sticky" and it encourages thickness
actually count how many ounces you drink to be sure 
   you are getting what you need

So there is the medical side of the update --
How am I doing?  I am very thankful -- 
Though it was a busy weekend, it did not wipe me out as much as it had last weekend.  
A new phase of my rebuilding process is that I feel pretty good and so my brain thinks that I can do everything that I used to do/want to do.  That is not happening!  As my dear, sweet analyst put it - "you have added 4 hours - at least- to your day between cleansing, resting and cooking -- something has to go!"  Of course, I want to do it all - which leads to frustration and pity parties and tears. Trying to figure out the balance of the have-to s and the want-to s in life is part of revamping how I live, so I am not always feeling behind, unsuccessful, and defeated.  Tie into that, that I am not "born organized" but have to put thought into it - and there is quite a mountain to conquer! 

God is faithful, as always!  He knows when I need encouragement and has blessed me repeatedly!  
Someone has anonymously left me several sweet presents by my door that touch my heart -
A friend from the East coast, orchestrated a present delivery to me thru a friend -- 
I continue to receive cards which uplift me - some signed - some anonymous!  
Some of the Olu students wrote me notes - some funny- other's quite faith-filled.  
One of my docs signed his e-mail with Phil 4:13  
   You can do all things thru Christ who strengthens you.
And I remember that 
   My God will meet all your needs thru his glorious riches in Christ Jesus (Phil 4:19)

He knows my need of encouragement -- how sweet and tender He is to provide that thru so many different people!  

Thankful for -
Energy and weight
Friends who are so caring
God, who supplies my every need (not want - but need!)
My doctors 
The challenge of learning to live a balanced life - it keeps me hanging on to Him!

Thanks for checkin' in!  

No comments:

Post a Comment