Monday, May 9, 2016

Check that off!

Stent is out - 
Follow up ultrasound in about 3 weeks 

Very thankful to be this far --
Seems like forever ago that I was trying to get used to having a stent -- Time Flies!
While it was not a fun procedure, it was not the worst I've had to undergo-- several sharp pains and it was done.  

Now we wait.  
He has ordered an ultrasound (instead of and x-ray- to reduce my exposure) in a few weeks to check how my kidney is doing.  He described it like blowing up a balloon really big.  It does not necessarily go back down to its original shape.  Hopefully he will be able to discern enough with the ultrasound to have a baseline to compare against.  He said it is not as clear an image as an x-ray, so we will see.  Waiting is hard - but it is part of the game.  Thanks for waiting with me - 

A sidelight, I had a small bump on my abs for a long time (before my surgery in 2011) about the size of a quarter and perhaps 1/8 of an inch high.  The doc in Milwaukee said that he saw nothing - and my doc here saw nothing, but today I asked about it again, because it is bigger and has moved slightly -- he poked around on it and thought perhaps it was a hernia...very very small, but an annoyance non-the-less! Checking with a different doc!

Thanks for requesting bracelets!  I am honored that y'all would pray for me!
They will go out in the next day or two!  Trying to figure out how to package them! 

I am thankful that today is done (almost) 
for a variety in food
for my ninja
for almond butter 
for beautiful weather
for all my various doctors who are looking over my case
for Christ who strengthens me when I am weak and fearful

Thanks for checkin in!

No comments:

Post a Comment