Tuesday, February 2, 2016

No news is.....no news.....

Urologist appointment was inconclusive as he wants to consult with the oncologist.
PET scan results are unavailable until tomorrow because I was the last PET of the day so 
Oncologist appointment moved to 2:45 tomorrow 2/3.
Discomfort/pain that was gone over the weekend returned Sun evening :(
Hopefully, I will have more answers tomorrow! 

Details for those of you that want them....
The urologist was great.  He showed me my CT scan and I got to see how my kidney is enlarged, but has not lost function - yay! We discussed biopsying lymph nodes and placing a stint to help it function better. Bottom line, because this might be colon cancer, he is leaning toward presenting me to a tumor board (a team of Doc's that would oversee all aspects of my case--I had this in Milwaukee also).  The down side to this is that it can take weeks to convene the board.  (In Milwaukee, God intervened and it was only 4 days!) He will consult with my oncologist and come up with a plan after she has reviewed my PET scan. 

The PET scan was the longest test!  Actually, it just seemed like it because it was at the end of the day and I had to fast from lunch - which doesn't sound bad, but I was really hungry by 7:15 when I walked out!  

As she was prepping me, it was surreal.  They ask you everything all over again, so you rehearse your history, verify your name and birthdate.  It is hard to tell your story and timeline over and over.  
When they flush your vein, you taste it immediately and that taste brought back all the blood draws, chemo infusions and port flushes with such force.  That's probably what made me emotional...  

Normally, I don't get real emotional about tests  - nervous, sometimes a little, but not really emotional.  Sliding into the tube though there were a few tears puddling in my ears -- and you can't move, so it was a soggy 1/2 hour.  
Normally, I don't have claustrophobia, but the tube was a little snug --- I said lots of memory work, recited scripture like crazy and discussed my plans with God -- LOL!  Just hope He likes them - LOL!  It's pretty tough to end with "but your will, Lord."  
Normally, I don't have to mark time -- the joys of ADD - you get lost in your head and lose an hour with no problem.  Last night tho, I marked time by watching how far I moved based on the ceiling tiles, while I could see them, and then by the screws on the interior of the tube.  Between that and memory verses, it was bearable ---

Many thanks for all the prayers, text messages and cards -- I am so blessed by them!

https://youtu.be/PArsqbwTdJ8

    Strength WILL rise as we wait upon the Lord!  

Thanks for checkin' in!



4 comments:

  1. Hang in there, Christine! Know you are loved and prayed for by many near and far! Praying for God's peace for whatever His perfect plan is for you! Sending hugs! Keep posting so we can continue to pray with specific requests. Philippians 4:6-7 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Take care, friend! Amy Kutz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hugs to you . . .and prayers, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love from all the girls at bible study. ❤️❤️
    Rossette Franklin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for you honey... Knowing God has this and will give you His strength. You are a blessing to all who know you and it is our turn to lift you up!!! Lots of love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete