Sunday, January 31, 2016

Rollercoaster

Feeling good - better than I have in a long time! 
Pet scan Monday, 2/1 5:00 PST - prayers please!
Tues 2/2 at 8:30, I meet with the new urologist about removing/biopsying the lymph nodes and at 10:30 with my oncologist to get results of the PET scan.

So, how am I really?
Riding an emotional rollercoaster!!
Friday I felt good enough to volunteer at the Olu thrift shop for 5 hours and go to a Basketball game, then a hockey game!!!  Very surprisingly,  I was not "beyond exhausted" on Saturday and could enjoy theater tickets we had won! (This is unusual for the last month or two!) 
Most surprising tho is that I have not had any Advil or Tylenol since Fri night and no antacid since Sat!  We even walked 3.75 miles this morning also which I haven't done in weeks!  
It is so hard not to get excited, but It's been over a month that I've taken Advil every night to control the discomfort and be able to sleep!  Could this be because so many people are praying for me?? Some may say it is coincidence -- I say it is God - Jehovah Rapha - our healer!

In the midst of feeling better tho, there have been some hard conversations and tears --about life, quality of life, and a bucket list...It is surreal....


And as I slide downhill toward  panic and 
despair, God will give me a gift
- like hearing a robin -  something I loved i
the midwest, that I rarely get to see here ...

Or someone does something to encourage me...

A friend went back and read some posts from last time and brought me daffodils since I talked about planting them--- Their fragrance brings joy to my heart!  

The outpouring of love that I get from y'all -- notes, e-mails, texts, prayers and scripture --is amazing and very humbling!  Thank you seems so inadequate because of how much your  words mean----- but thank you!!  

I have much to be thankful for: 
The love of family and friends to make the scary "what if's" bearable
Energy and feeling good - 
Rain!
Protection through the windstorm 
     (our chimney cap blew off and did not hurt anyone- it's 1.5' x 2' and heavy! A friend 
         saw it happen and called us!) 
     (our patio umbrella (closed and tied) and it's concrete stand blew over and missed our 
          stained glass window by 6 inches!!!)
Getting to Skype with our kids - 
Being able to remember scripture verses when I cannot sleep or am anxious
     (when I went through chemo last time, quite a few brain cells got zapped and I was 
         unable to remember verses as well as I had, so this is a great comfort and victory)
Hearing from so many of you-
That we will have some answers in a few days-

Several people have sent me scripture - and they are ones that I have loved and clung to in the past!  

The Lord will fight for you, you need only be still  - Ex 14:14
       (be still and know that I am God) Ps 46:10

He who dwells in the shelter of the Lord 
   will rest in the shadow of the Almighty    
I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress, 
   my God in whom I trust.   Ps 91:1,2 

Thanks for your prayers and for checking in!  





2 comments:

  1. I am praying for you Christine. Prayers for complete restoration and healing, prayers for peace, rest, and joy. The joy of the Lord is our strength. Sending lots of love your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't really know you though I've met you once. But I'm praying for you! Karl and Gretchen's friend in Montana. I read this every time Gretchen shares it. My prayers are with you guys!

    Madison Fulcher

    ReplyDelete