Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Some News !!

The PET scan showed that there was no metastasis to any other place in my body!!!
The oncologist will confer with the urologist regarding getting a biopsy of the lymph nodes!

Thank you so much for praying for my PET scan!!  It would have been a whole different scenario if there was metastatic evidence!  

So how am I really?
Exhausted-like I ran a marathon 
This will be short because I am so tired that it is really hard to write coherently.  
  
Today I kept busy with HOA and thrift shop responsibilities, but as soon as I stopped to think about "what ifs," my emotions were just waiting to take over!  
I received so many loving and caring text messages- thank you! They meant so much!
Tears were always hovering, just waiting to spill out.  
My blood pressure was 160/105 - and I usually run low!
I was shaky and felt sick. 
Said a lot of memory work - like Ex 14:14 
"The Lord will fight for you -- you need only be still....and know that I am God!" Ps 46:10
It was difficult to stay composed in the waiting room -- the tears kept trickling..

A blessing in the form of a friend texting with me while we waited helped quite a bit -- she sent me a song to listen to and encouraged me to "belly breathe" to calm down. There were even written lyrics so I could just read them in case I didn't have earbuds.  

https://youtu.be/qOkImV2cJDg  

       The God of angel armies is always by my side....

And I am blessed with an army of friends who storm heaven's gates on my behalf --
Thank you!

The report did say however, that the nodes "probably" were from the colon cancer.  That's a story for another day....

Thanks for checkin' in!  


7 comments:

  1. Hi Christine, Just a note that my prayers are with you on this journey. I prayed Psalm 3: 3-6 for you
    You, LORD, are a shield around me, my glory, the One who lifts my head high. I call out to the LORD, and he answers me from his holy mountain. I lie down and sleep; I wake again, because the LORD sustains me. I will not fear though tens of thousands assail me on every side.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise be to God!!! I'm praying for you daily!! Love to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was glad to read your blog and grateful you had the energy to give us an update on the pet scan results. May our Lord bless you with a deep and good night's sleep and a renewed spirit

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praise the Lord. I will keep praying for miracles of healing and peace. Love you, Linda. You are a very special woman, Christine. The Lord has assigned an angel army is right💖

    ReplyDelete
  5. God bless and keep you in his hands and protect you!!! Hope the news continues to come out good. Think of you often and miss you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Will keep the prayers coming my friend! Thank you for the updates and for sharing your courageous journey with us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praying for continued healing and comfort! You are such an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete