Monday, February 15, 2016

Got a Date!

March 1 I'll have the lymph nodes removed -- 
Awaiting further details
Energy is good, pain is minimal! Advil is not needed every evening to sleep!  
          (at least for my gut -- allergy headaches are another thing!) 
Have not had an antacid in several weeks! (had been taking them multiple times a day!)

I've talked about a roller coaster of emotions before -- yup - still ridin that roller coaster! 
Over the weekend, I wrestled with thoughts like "I wonder how many healthy Valentine's Days I have left?" and other uplifting thoughts like that. (heavy sarcasm!) Often, feeling overwhelmed seems to be the common thread throughout the day - with the possibility of chemo and all those ramifications flitting in and out of my head.....
This is totally frustrating because I have no concrete info so fretting is useless 
Luke 12:25, "Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to your life?" 
and there is much to be thankful for!   The devil's just trying to wear me down, like water on a stone.  

If you were with me last time around, you know that when things get me down, I start listing things I am thankful for. It shifts my focus and works every time!  So here goes:
Todd - his deep faith and positive attitude; his love of cooking 
     (he made me dark chocolate covered strawberries!!! They were SO GOOD!)
Karl always checking in on me - 
Gretchen and Aliyah being sweet Skype distraction
Paul sending me fun videos and ideas to keep me distracted
Technology that lets me see them!
Beautiful sunshine, even if it is warm!
Hummingbirds
Music
Good energy ( if it was cancer, I would be more draggy and tired right?)
A soft bed and being able to rest in it comfortably- without the original pain
Our church family; our friends, near and far; our neighbors
All of you who lift us up -- 
   That this weekend was only the second time that I was that anxious or down is a minor
    miracle!  Thanks for praying us through!  
       
        You raise me up....

https://youtu.be/xj8wHfBKoRU
   



1 comment:

  1. Thinking of and praying for you! Gotta love those thankful lists...good for all of us!

    ReplyDelete