Monday, February 29, 2016

"Fat" Sat/Sun, liquid Monday and "rallying" do not mix well!

Played hard because life will soon change...
Liquid diet makes me crabby - crabbier, I should say
Weaker than I wanted to be for surgery

So how am I really?  
Thankful for a wonderful weekend! We crammed a lot into a short amount of time - and yes, I did pay for it a bit --- but It felt like my last weekend before life changes.....

Todd took me to Odysseyo which is put on by Cavalia.  It is a fabulous show - basically a cirque du soleil show with horses - It was absolutely fabulous!  

We also made it to the girls water polo championship and the girls basketball game. (both won!)  Was it a lot?  Yup!  But you know what?  It was nice to be able to do those things and pretend 1 more day that life is normal.  
I rested a lot Sunday, only going to one concert - OLu's vocal sacred concert.  That was amazing -- definitely ministered to my soul! 

Woven throughout all this was fun was trying to manage the pain-- 
Did you know, pain can make you nauseated - even when it is not hurting that badly? The adrenaline flows in response to the pain causing you to feel nauseated and headaches!  Found that out the hard way...

Today is laundry and cleaning and trying not to think about food!   
Between the pain and the liquid diet, I am hungry and shakey!

I am thankful!
that I'll get answers soon! (After 3 mos- a weeks seems soon!)
for painkillers
for all the hugs - prayers both written and impromptu-like in the middle of a store
for the kids at Olu that are praying for me - that has really blown me away --
for jello and chicken broth (sometimes its the little things!)
for all the thoughtful gifts that people have brought me - gifts from the heart!
for my phone that delivers sweet phone calls, pictures and messages
that the Lord will go before me, the God of Israel will be my rear guard...(Is 52:12)

Todd will post tomorrow - surgery is at 7:30 and will take 2 - 4 hours depending on scar tissue and any complications....

The God of Angel armies is always by my side.....

Thanks for checkin' in!! 

1 comment:

  1. Love you both. Standing on the Word- by HIS stripes you are healed. Jesus shows Himself strong in our weakness. I am praying for you❤️

    ReplyDelete