Monday, February 8, 2016

Thanks for Waiting With Us!

I did talk to the urologist's office today, but did not get any information.    
They will call me tomorrow and let me know if he and the other surgeon conferred and hopefully schedule my pre-op consultation.  


Waiting is hard, but it gives me a little more time to kid myself that life is "normal" and enjoy it!  We had The Power of the Dream Gala this weekend to benefit OLu and I felt good enough to go and enjoy myself!  Didn't even have pain until 10 o'clock!  Thankful for that!!  (I usually start to get uncomfortable around 7!)
It was a very emotional evening for me -- so many people talked to me and offered to help in any way possible -- One friend got very emotional as we talked about the song "You Raise Me Up"  which one of our students performed --quite well I might add!  (Closing your eyes - you would have been hard pressed to tell it was not Josh Groban!) So many hugs - so many "praying for you"s---I was teary a lot!   Thankful for the love poured out!
The "Raise the Paddle" portion of the auction about put me over the edge though ---
When you are passionate and excited about kids receiving an excellent, Christian education, and you see others lean in and be excited as well, excited enough to donate, regardless of their situation in life, it is exciting and very touching!  More tears!!
So thankful for the wonderful people who put on the Gala and the attendees who actively care to see the Lancer Legacy continue
The kids performance did not help to stem the tears!  I love to see the kids perform, whether artistically, athetically or receive scholastic recognition- and I'm as proud of them as can be and somehow that requires a few tears!!  Guess it's the mom in me! So thankful for the kids - several of whom told me they were praying for me -- you guessed it - more tears!!

Sunday and today,  tho I was tired, it was not to the point of exhaustion where I had to sleep all day!  Thankful for that because sometimes I pay for the fun!

Continuing to pray that these lymph nodes are just some fluke and not colon cancer again....

"He who dwells in the shelter of the most high will rest in the shadow of the almighty...."
     We are trying to "dwell" as we wait.  Thanks for waiting with us!  Thankful for you!!!

Thanks for checkin' in!


1 comment:

  1. You're awesome because you are facing the fear ( which we know is not from God ) head on. That's courage❤️ I am praying for you, not only for complete healing of whatever is causing the pain, but for HIS peace that transcends all understanding ����������

    ReplyDelete