Tuesday, September 27, 2016

3rd set of Protocols is wearing me out.

Continuing to push
Tired
Started 3rd protocol today - 
Still reaching for the tissues - both kinds :/
Workin' to keep my spirits up....
Renal scan shows some function but not much
Will order more tests tomorrow....

Some days take more effort than others - today was a high effort day.  

Every 5 days, for the last 10, I have added 4-5 supplements to my daily routine -- yes I am back to taking about 12-15 pills a meal again...  I have always had a sensitive stomach, so this makes me feel really nauseated and reaching for both kinds of tissues lol!

I had several people ask me about taking the low dose chemo...  Sorry that I had not clarified this!  
Previously, I had said flatly that I would not do chemo.  The chemo I was referring to in that context is the IV chemo that kills your immune system and everything else it comes in contact with.  I have to say, that conviction still stands strong, but not as strong as it did 6 mos ago because this is so exhausting!    I view traditional chemo as my last ditch effort, if all else fails --- though it would take a lot of prayer to get me to agree to do it.   
The chemo that I take is called xeloda (zuh-low-duh).  It is 2 pills in the morning, and 2 pills at night. (No IV! very nice!)  There are no side effects. (so they say) 
In integrative circles, it is often used in conjunction with other protocols to get rid of the cancer.  


If you think of the difference between the shot pattern from a rifle and the shot pattern from a shot gun - that will draw a parallel between western medicine and integrative medicine.   Western medicine recommends chemo  perhaps in conjunction with surgery or radiation.  Those are single shots that require perfection to hit the target well.  Integrative medicine has many, many "shots"  (protocols) in it's arsenal and it will use many of them at the same time to try and wipe out the cancer beast - think of the scatter shot pattern.  

The docs both here and Oasis of Hope think xeloda is my best chance to beat this - so I am doing it.   

Praying that when I talk to my urologist tomorrow, he will agree to place another stent and see if that will help improve kidney function....He has not been excited that I'm not doing western medicine and it is really hard to get in to see him because he is so good.  

Praying that I am able to talk to the Oasis docs tomorrow and figure out what to remove from my protocols so that I feel a bit better.  Today.  I thought I would feel ok - but ended up dozing for most of the late morning and then sleeping hard until 4 -- waking to diarrhea.  

Sorry today is not one of my more uplifting days....it's just true.  

Thankful for the low 90's instead of the high 90's 
Thankful for A/C
Thankful for telephones/computers for good communication -
Thankful for all the people who pray for me - days like today, I can't really do it for myself - 
       just lost in a haze of trying to remember scripture!   

Thanks for checking in! Y'all are a blessing!



2 comments:

  1. Sorry yesterday was such a hard day and praying for some answers that will help the days ahead be better. The gunshot approach makes sense and asking the Lord to direct each pellet/supplement/pill to cancer cells. Praying temperatures drop and spirits lift as well! Love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the update.
    I am certain that took great effort.
    It is good to hear your voice and keep all of us focused on prayer "priorities" for you.
    On this blog: There is no place to hit "like" to show support with out a comment ...
    Realize that the "likes" are out there.
    The "prayers" are our "likes"...
    Every day .. Like = prayer = love
    In prayer-
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete