Friday, September 23, 2016

Next Round Started - tissues needed!

Extra pain patch symptoms have cleared my system 
Started/added new round of protocols this morning
Hernia pain
Trying to avoid a pity party
Tired
Thank you for all you do! 

Thankfully, the need for tissues - the chronic emotion and crying- tapered off yesterday and by last night I was really back to "normal" (which is only a setting on your dryer anyway!) So thankful for that!  

Following Oasis of Hope's schedule of protocols, this morning, I began taking Metformin, Proanselin, baking soda (2 tsp in 16 oz of water sipped throughout the day) and lipospheric Vit C.  You never know what might happen when you add a protocol and true to form, by afternoon, I had diarrhea - argh!  I exchanged the need for kleenexes for the need for toilet tissue -- haha -- ya gotta laugh! Never a dull moment!  

After talking with Oasis of Hope, (whose response time is awesome - I have to say!)  they told me to stop taking the metformin and wait for my gut to settle.  After it is "normal," I am to reduce the dose by 1/2 and add it back in again. 
 Some of you may be saying. "Wait, metformin - that's a diabetes medication!"  
Yes - it does control blood sugar, which is good for any cancer patient, but it also kills cancer cells!  A very nice bonus! 
ProAnselin is a nutritional supplement that has several desirable ingredients including laetril.  
Baking soda changes the alkalinity of the tumor itself.  The alkali water does not do that, but the baking soda taken this way does.  This change helps to kill off the cancer cells.  Is it my favorite beverage?  Well not really, but worth it in the long run!

Hernia pain has been a bit challenging.  It really has flared up on several occasions where I could hardly stand it and I thought it was "strangulated."  It was not--but it would take an hour and a half of rolling around on the floor, massaging the hernia, sometimes while crying, usually reciting scripture for distraction, to get it under control!    It would leave me totally exhausted. To add to the fun, you never know when it is going to happen!  

All of this has put a big dent in my social life -- 
having to cancel a few things last minute -- 
having to put off errands  -- worst of all -- 
having to not attend things with Todd.  

I have drastically cut back on what I do with him (like I go to virtually nothing!) Tonight is homecoming and I so wanted to go to the football game and see people and be a part of that wonderful time.  Two unexpected naps and several rounds in the bathroom negated that :(  It is hard not to feel sorry for myself as I watch Todd leave again --
You know what this means -- I gotta be thankful! 

And I am - for
having to stay behind in my house, not at a hospital
my integrative doctor, my oasis of hope doctors
beautiful unseasonably cool weather (today anyway)
friends who don't mind last minute cancellations/rescheduling or helping me
a flexible schedule that can dedicate time to healing naps
"      "             "          "     "         "           "     "  blogging to stay connected to you!
being strong enough to be able to do normal things - like stand for a conversation, bum 
    around a store, empty trash and cut flowers
how beautifully the sunlight changes at the beginning and end of the day
sauce on my meals that looks like no big deal, but when eaten is a complex blend of flavors 
   that make the food really taste great (Thank you Be Well Kitchen and Jenny Ross!)
being able to eat even when I don't really want to
having some strength to run errands 
God always listening to me complain and gently bringing to mind how ridiculous my whining
   really is when seen from the "eternal" vantage point.  
All the things y'all do for me - funny cards - stories - great distractions!  

Thank you so much! Y'all are such a blessing! 

I know who goes before me - I know who stands behind me...
           https://youtu.be/bwo7KT95iDg

Thanks for checkin' in!  






2 comments:

  1. Christine, Stan takes Metformin and he is working with his doctor to get off of it,(not good for his diabetes it makes his sugar higher) yes it a brutal drug on your bowels. I hope you can tolerate it and it kills the cancer cells. I continue to pray everyday for God's healing on your body.
    Love ya, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you tried cannabis extract i think it may help you keep fighting God Bless:)

    ReplyDelete