Thursday, June 1, 2017

Second chemo is complete!


My bloodwork indicated that my liver was working more normally-praises!
Got disconnected from my pump today and did receive hydration due to low blood pressure.  After the hydration, they removed the needle from my port-going on the assumption that I will not need more hydration.  Hopefully, this is the case, since I do have some swelling around my ankles!


Getting the needle out means that the huge dressing that covered my port since it was put in several weeks ago is finally off! I just have a small bandaid and some steri strips left! What a relief to have that itchy, bulky, sticky dressing removed! Very, very thankful that my skin did not tear as they removed it as I have had some issues with delicate skin in the past!


The doc left the order for hydration to be at my discretion-which means they feel confident that I am doing well.
They did give me a shot today to help boost my white blood cell production, for which I am thankful.
Thus far, have felt good with pretty good energy and am so thankful! I do take lots of naps tho-I can sleep almost anywhere!  The next 72 hours will be telling as to the "tweaks" being good enough to sleep a real difference, but the indicators so far seem positive!


Blessed to have a friend visiting, taking good care of me!

For the many that have offered help, thank you-- We are ok for now with our guests helping us out with rides and meals -and not being really sure what tastes good to me...
We will reach out as need arises-just don't know what to ask for right now.  Thank you so much for your love and concern!

The past week or so, my spirit has been very peaceful and thankful-rejoicing in the things I have been able to do--and being fairly contented-- this is my special miracle from God and I am so thankful!

Psalm 100
“Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth.
Worship the Lord with gladness; come before him with joyful songs.  Know that the Lord is God.
It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people,
the sheep of his pasture.
Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise;
give thanks to him and praise his name.
For the Lord is good and his love endures forever;
his faithfulness continues through all generations.”

Thanks for checkin' in! Y'all are a huge blessing to us! I believe your prayers are why I have felt so good!
Thank you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment