Sunday, February 5, 2017

A Disappointment

Bloodwork showed that one tumor marker is up - not good!
Fighting gut discomfort probably due to supplements
Fighting weariness - my stamina is not great
Hoping to get back to walking this week

My integrative doc looks at different tumor markers than my oncologist.  One of the tumor markers he looks at came back elevated, meaning that there is more cancer activity than there had been last time he checked.  This definitely is not what we want to hear.  7/6/16 it was 67, 7/25/16 it was 44, and 1/19/17 it was 124.  This means that there is an increase in cancer activity someplace...You can probably guess how I feel about that!

The battle plan is as follows:
-flip flop my meals from 7 veg meals/14 animal protein meals per week to 14 veg/ 7
  animal protein (animal protein feeds cancer)
-increase B17(Laetril) (Oasis of Hope said 2, 2 x day which I could not tolerate b/c of the 
  bacterial infections in my gut.  I was doing 1 3 x day.  Now I am at 2 2 x day)
-gentle cleansing - 3 coffee enemas and 2 epsom salt baths / week
-take modified citrus pectin (could not tolerate last Summer b/c of  gut infections)
  (this cuts off the galactin, the anchor on a cancer cell floating in my blood, that hooks it into
  a healthy cell and begins a new colony)
-weekly IV Vitamin C infusions for 6 weeks to strengthen my immune system and boost my 
 natural killer cells
-boost my thyroid meds to help my system to function more optimally (and hopefully give me 
 more energy)
-increase water intake 
-really, really watch sugar intake (sugar feeds cancer)
-get back to walking
-xeloda as prescribed

Continue:
-cold laser therapy
-liposomal vitamin c
-bone broth
-AHCC (Immunokinoko)
-cinnamon tea
-Teagreen
-therapeutic yeast to balance my micro biome
         Break out the charts again, to keep track of everything!

A return to Oasis of Hope is always a possibility.  We are waiting to hear their opinion, but I am praying that the positive trend that showed in the PET scans indicates that I will be able to fight this beast more effectively than I could do before 12/1, after finishing with my bacterial infections.

It is never easy to share bad news -- Thank you for walking with us in this.  We continue to 
  rejoice in the good times, 
  to try to hold our plans loosely and 
  to try to endure the bad with trust and faith 
     (sometimes I fail miserably and just cry from frustration, fear and sadness.  That's when 
     my focus turns to myself and drifts from God.)

The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; 
     my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, 
     my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. Psalm 18:2

The eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms. 
     He will drive out your enemies (cancer cells) before you, saying, 'Destroy them!' Deut 33:27

You make all the difference - thank you for your faithful prayers! They are such a blessing to us!  
Thanks for checkin' in --

No comments:

Post a Comment