Friday, February 24, 2017

God does it again!

Crazy Week - 1 blood draw, 2 IV Vit C infusions, 
     primary care doc apt, oncologist apt, 1 cold laser therapy appointment, and a haircut -      
     whew!
Multiple naps required! but
Energy good
Walked 3.4 miles yesterday :)

Was really nervous about today's oncologist appointment because of the bloodwork for my integrative doctor last month, showing that my tumor markers were up 
(remember that he looks at different tumor markers than my oncologist does)  
I was worried that the markers the oncologist watches would be up also.  This was compounded because at my primary care appointment, she said that the ascites, which was gone at my December PET scan, was back (ascites is fluid build up in the abdominal cavity that can be caused by cancer and can harbor cancer cells/colonies that are looking for a new place to land)

So when the oncologist gives me the bloodwork report, she looks at it , and looks at it again --there were no tumor markers drawn!  How silly is that?  Again, God intervened!  They have been tested every other time - but not this one!  I laughed!
Also, when she examined me (poked my belly) she made no comment about the ascites at all and cleared me to get the xeloda for the round!!  Hallelujah!  God is amazing!  

Wanted to let y'all know and say thank you for all the prayers - I was calm and peaceful and the outcome great and funny!  

Thank you warriors - you are the best!!! 
Praise God! I am so thankful! 

No comments:

Post a Comment