Monday, January 30, 2017

Big appointments tomorrow

Got radiologist report - not helpful
Bloodwork is fair - not great, not horrible - waiting to see what integrative doc says
Foot is healing - cold laser doc working on it to speed that up
Weight is holding steady - thankfully not climbing with my enforced inactivity
Spirits are fair -
Oncologist appointment tomorrow at 10:15 a.m. PST - 
Integrative Dr appointment tomorrow at 3 to discuss how to continue the fight against this
   beast.

Finally got the report from the radiologist - 6 days after receiving it!  It was a pathetic, one line addendum that did not address the brightness of the uptake, nor the lack of ascites.  With typical Western focus, his one line indicated progression of the cancer- that's it. Perhaps he was in a hurry?

So, I have an oncologist appointment on Tuesday at 10:15.  Clearly, God will have to intervene is there is any hope of my onco prescribing the low dose chemo....I'm praying that He does intervene in my behalf.  If she does prescribe it, it will be my personal miracle (among many).

My sprained foot is doing a bit better - I can put weight on it and walk a bit around the house.  It is hard to be cautious and not "forget" and walk on it.  Still not driving though... 

It has been a bit difficult to keep my emotions level and my spirits up.   Part of that is that in all my contact with the onco office, I hear the litany of, "there's progression of the cancer - you need to change the chemo and go on folfiri" which just underscores my uphill fight.

If you have been with me for awhile, you know what I do when in the dumps -- give thanks.  It is tough each time - but here goes - I am thankful for:
Todd - his ceaseless good humor,  knowing when I really need  encouragement/distraction
Hummingbirds back at my feeders
A flock of robins and cedar waxwings at my birdbath 
Gluten free pizza (I am easy to amuse - now if I could just get it organic!)
A beautiful bouquet of flowers to cheer me up
Getting over the bug I had
My doctors that do think outside the box of chemo
God's word that gives me strength and hope
Hearing the 1st graders all praying the Lord's Prayer at church yesterday - 
   children's voices raised in prayer is amazing!
Return of our sunny Southern California weather

God is my refuge and strength, an ever present help in trouble.....Ps 46:1

Thankful for God's army -
https://youtu.be/qOkImV2cJDg 

Thanks for your prayers, encouragement and support - and especially 
thanks for checkin' in! 


1 comment:

  1. Always keeping you in mind & prayer dear sister! We love you & are thankful for your posts..... Stephen & Carol

    ReplyDelete