Friday, January 20, 2017

Baby Steps - Yay!

The oncologist received the images and took them to radiology around noon today!  Thank God!
Found some good info on a supplement that I have been taking since May-it inspires hope  
Feeling crumby - 5th day now
My husband is amazing - such a sweetheart!

On a lighthearted note, we have gotten lots of rain recently (great for napping)


So how am I doing?
Well - the oncologist's assistant, whom I deal with the most, told me to call her Wed to see if there was a report already.  Upon asking if she thought it would really take that long, she said, "call me Monday morning and we'll see if there is an addendum to your report."  Funny how in a hurry they are to get me on folfiri, but not to get my other scan read....
In the back of my head is the distinct possibility that I may need to find an oncologist that will take our insurance and also work with me on an integrative approach -- can you say "needle in a haystack?"
In addition (on the topic of stress) my integrative doc moved locations, so now instead of 15 min away, he is 45 min away on highways :( Replacing him would be just as difficult - don't need this stress!

Not feeling good at all.  Achy, fluey, exhausted (2 hour naps+going to bed at 9!) Trying to do all the wise things - going to chiropractor, going to cold laser therapist, continuing to walk*  (plod is more appropriate) drink lots of water and electrolytes and rest a lot. Not what I had planned for this week :( (wanna come to a pity party - lol?)

The psychological impact of having felt so great last week to being back to this droopy, exhausted, teary, achy place where tying my shoes is a chore, is really hard.  It's hard to be disappointed-to be planning to do various activities with Todd and realize that I can't even keep up with the house, (hate being at that point again!) let alone be strong enough to go sit on bleachers at basketball games!  
The disappointment is so powerful-- 
I had thought I was finally past the point of wondering when the other shoe was going to fall....HA! The shoe fell again with a vengeance and it is trying to trip me up!!

Interestingly enough, my devotions this week have dwelt on God's timing, his provision and how he breaks people to make them more compassionate and to be able to use them.  Trying to take this all to heart and fight the fear monster that rear's it's ugly head!

I have told you these things so that in me you may have peace.  In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world....John 16:33 

On a more positive note, http://ahccresearch.com/pdf/Breast%20Cancer%20Wellness.pdf here is a link about one of the supplements that I have been taking since May and that Oasis of Hope also uses.  It is called AHCC - my particular brand is Immunokinoko, by QOL labs.  It has some great stats in there - I won't bore you with them - but not only does it mitigate some of the side effects of chemotherapy, it also boosts your immune system and your natural killer cells.  The title is "Japan's leading Alternative Cancer Therapy "AHCC" Gains acceptance in the U.S....helping to induce remission"  
This is just one example of a supplement that would benefit so many, if the oncologists knew how to use it....

In the category of how cool is my husband?  He tried a new recipe for me - Breakfast cookies!  Gluten, dairy and sugar free!  They are delicious!  The recipe uses several types of flours and sweeteners to get the lowest possible glycymic index - lots of work but so delicious!  

This helps combat my frustration with trying to find things that are gluten free AND organic (virtually impossible!)

Please pray that we are able to convince the oncologist to prescribe the xeloda - low dose chemo
and
that I feel better....

Thank you so much for listening and for your loving prayers!  They make all the difference!
Thanks for checkin' in!



*For those of you who were not with me for the first round of this beast, my oncologist recommended that I walk 3 miles every day because this would signal my marrow to produce the good cells that were needed to fight the cancer.  Sitting on the couch did not stress the body and thereby did not cause the new cells to be created.  My dear husband faithfully walked me around many blocks the days I was dizzy or weak from the chemo.  (This was Nov - May in Wisconsin - that is saying a lot - Brrrrr!) When I felt good enough, I walked at the mall ---according to the onco, the gym was a major no-no b/c there were too many germs and only one entrance to exchange air.  The mall was much healthier.  Every time I walked, as soon as I broke a sweat, I began to feel much much better!  It is so hard to drag myself off the couch or out of bed - so thankful for Todd's encouragement!  


No comments:

Post a Comment