Sunday, October 23, 2016

Blessed and Thankful

So sorry for the long long hiatus!  That tells you how awful I had felt!  
Then you didn't hear from me because I/we were gone on vacation and I was living life!
However, now I feel the best I have in a long time! Thanks for all the many prayers and 
  notes of encouragement!

Was strong enough to make it to NC for a family reunion and visit with great friends--
     great medicine!
Shift in diet (added BRAT) and increased animal protein has put a few pounds on me - YAY!
Hernia surgeon says he can/will do the surgery whenever I want it --  
    but at what cost to my energy/system/healing?
Quest Diagnostics lost my poop test -- argh - back to square 1 for diarrhea answers
Began iron supplements due to low iron - They did not lose my bloodwork!!
Diarrhea is better - trying to figure out what foods may be triggers -- 
    like food was not enough of a challenge before!
Still need to take naps and rest - 
Still flame out quickly- but getting to be a bit longer between times
Saddened to hear of the death of one of the patients that was at Oasis with us....
   Life is fleeting!

That's the highlights -- 

This is short and sweet because I am pooped!  Jet Lag! 
but wanted to thank y'all so much for all the prayers and encouragement. I firmly believe that I was able to make this trip and feel so much better because of all your prayers!  It was such a blessing to be with the boys and our little grand daughter --especially for her to meet her great-grandma!!-- to watch Todd play with her --to be with dear friends that we have years of memories with! Profoundly thankful!

I fought the thoughts of "when will I see them again?" and "will I be able to do this again?" as well as
"will this change in diet jeopardize what I have done already?" and
"was this wise to do?" 
It is an on-going battle....  

I continue to trust God even when I am scared, when doubts creep in and when the devil attacks -- but it is hard.  
Just saying the words - "I trust you" over and over helps - even when I don't feel it - it really does help!  

This song helps me also - tho I am not there yet - I keep singing it praying the feeling comes with repetition - 

   I am no longer a slave to fear.  I am a child of God.....

Thankful to have had no pain of any kind (continuous hernia belt seems to be working)
Thankful to have walked most days - about 2 3/4 miles - sometimes more
Thankful for safe, smooth travel for our whole family
Thankful for our OLu family-
Thankful to have made it to OLu's Beauty and the Beast production and dinner!  Big Day!
Thankful for all of you....


Thank you from the bottom of my heart for lifting me up for healing and strength -- It was such a gift to be able to make this trip -- Thank you seems so inadequate -- but I know no other way to say it!  Thank you for blessing us!  

No comments:

Post a Comment