Sunday, July 17, 2016

Recovering

Home after a great trip and thankful stent could be placed!
Pain continues- still on my stronger drugs

Thanks for all the well wishes!  
The doctor said there was no problem placing the stent - for which I am so very very thankful! Other options to relieve that kidney were not great!  
The last time I had a stent placed, there was also surgery, so I did not really know what to expect this time around.   
I am doing ok - not great  - not terrible. I have been very, very tired - tho some of that may have been from traveling.  This is a resting and regrouping season.  As many of you know I don't sit well, so it is an indicator that I am pretty content just sitting.....

Some have asked why the pain relief is not immediate.  Here is the best word picture I could come up with.  If you have a lake that has water flow into and out of it, and it becomes
damned up, silt settles, and reeds begin to grow in the stagnant water. The longer the lake remains damned up, the more silt and reeds accumulate.  The path the water flows becomes less clear.  Removing the damn does not immediately cause the lake to flow and empty properly.  The silt and reeds slow things down.  The water flowing through the lake again has to wash away the silt and remove the weeds.  I think that is kind of how it is with my kidney.  It's going to take awhile for it to remember how to function properly.  I do not know how long it will take.....

Thanks for all the prayers!  They make the world of difference!  
Friday morning, prior to the procedure, I could not sleep and was in that twilight where you aren't awake and you aren't asleep and your mind races...I kept trying to drag it back to reciting memory verses or something constructive and thankfully, God kept bringing verses to my mind - in between fretting :) It was so comforting.  This underscored the saying - "The time to build a shelter is before the storm."  Our conversation went something like this --
Even tho you say, "Fear not for I am wit you, be not dismayed," I still hurt, my back, my gut and kidney -- and I'm still afraid!  Needles - cold surgical room - diarrhea attack during surgery - I know - "pride"...
I'm thankful you know what I am going thru - (Heb 4:15) and I am so thankful that you can do more than I can ask or imagine (Eph 3:20) cause I can imagine a lot! 
Thank you for going before me, preparing a way with good doctors and nurses, and hemming me in behind (Ps 139:5-6) with caring friends to help.  
Help me to trust you that you will give me good things in my life (Matt7:9 - 11 If you know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your father in heaven give those who ask)
Help me to remember that your way for me is perfect even when I cannot see that perfection- that you are Truth and that you are a shield  for all who take refuge in you (Ps 18:30) and that you cover me with your feathers - I can hide under your wings when I am scared and that your faithfulness (not my own strength) will be my shield.(Ps 91:4)  
You tell me to call on you when I am in trouble and that you will deliver me and I will be able to honor you then Ps (50:15) Well I am calling!  Looking forward to honoring you!  
You tell me that you will fight for me, and that I only need to be still (on the operating table) from Ex 14:14 and know that you are God (ps 46:10)

So thankful for all my prayer warriors praying me thru this--sometimes one is just too weak to pray for yourself.  That is when others carry you to God.  Thank you for doing this for us!  










3 comments:

  1. Im still prayjng. Keep singing my friend. Heart is string in your words. Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im still prayjng. Keep singing my friend. Heart is string in your words. Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grateful surgery was successful and is behind you. Praying that kidney will 'wake up' soon. Yes, sometimes we need others to pray for us when we cannot. Always with us too! Also grateful that God is answering your valid ?'s with reassurances from His word. Keeping you in prayer that He will keep you in His peace.

    ReplyDelete