Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Not what I expected or hoped for....

CT showed left kidney is not functioning. 
Options are place a stent or let the kidney die (is that really an option?)
Also shows micro nodule in lung that needs to be watched -- 
   though it could be nothing as it did not show on the PET scan in Feb.
Stent needs to be placed - having scheduling issues through urologist office - 
  surgery center has nothing available when Dr. is available  until July 15th :(
My integrative Dr says flatly that is too long to wait - particularly in view of the
Results of the heavy metals test - which shows toxicity due to prior chemo
Can't do anything about it til I get kidney functioning 
  (don't want to over work the existing kidney)
Interventions for diarrhea and gas not really working, 
  so removing more supplements and foods to try to isolate the cause.

Trying to not feel sorry for myself that this 
messes up a lot of plans that we had a
costs a lot of money in the process and I have to miss the fun...

So -- Thankfulness is definitely what I need!

Thankful I got to go to Montana and be with them and not know this was looming over me!
Thankful that I felt really positive going into this morning
Thankful for stents - even if they are unpleasant.  (They used to have to open you up... )
Thankful for family and my integrative Doc not letting me drag my feet on this -
Thankful for God opening an appointment with my integrative Doc just an hour after I left the
   urologist!  (coincidence?  I think not! God? definitely!)
Thankful for his insight - for him running tests that Western medicine does not run. 
  for him asking questions that are seemingly random to try and figure things out.
Thankful for his advice to pray about things, and for closing our appointment in prayer.
Thankful that perhaps some of the pain I am having is from this kidney and not the hernia.  
  (which the CT scan did not show!!! oh brother!)
Thankful for Pauline, the scheduler, who is working so hard to get me in. 
Thankful for prayer warriors who will lift us up! 

While I was at the integrative Doc - a friend messaged me the above -- God timing, I would say!  
Thankful for a God who is able to do immeasurably more than we can ask or imagine.....

As I ran around all afternoon to get medication, pick up the needed kits for lab tests, run to the grocery to get the food that I'm supposed to substitute in as I take other stuff out and tried to get on with what I had planned for today -- I was really frustrated and feeling sorry for myself.  I'm trying so hard to not fight God's timing and trust in the story he is writing.  

That is really hard to do.  It involves a lot of self talk and kleenex! 

Oh the joy of the lord
It will be my strength
When the pressure is on
He's making, he's making 

He's making diamonds, diamonds
Making us rise up from the dust
He is refining in his timing 
He's making diamonds out of dust
Making diamonds out of us

https://youtu.be/Yf1ARbpB0gA

Hawk Nelson's Diamonds is great!  "Refining in his timing!"

God is never early - or late.... If I could just accept that! 

Thank y'all for praying and for the nice messages and comments --I am profoundly thankful for you!  Don't know how I'd do it without you!
Thanks for checkin in!  






6 comments:

  1. Great is your faithfulness, Christine! I am praying for peace and thankfulness for you! (And healing, of course!) Ps 18:30 As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the Lord is flawless. He is a shield for all who take refuge in Him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the most amazing woman of strength and character and I am so blessed to know you. Your faith inspires me. I am grateful for you and am praying for you big time. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love you Christine and are praying for you. God loves you more than we can ever possibly understand. Mike and Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lord, I ask you to place your mighty healing hand on Chris. Let her feel the comfort of your arms, the strength of your courage and the wonder of your presence which is closer that her breath. Fill her to overflowing!
    In your precious Son's name I pray AMEN

    ReplyDelete
  5. Asking for His Peace in the midst... Wendysue Fluegge

    ReplyDelete
  6. Prayers for you...Stay strong!!

    ReplyDelete