Friday, May 19, 2017

Feeling Yucky - Blessed by Chapel

Began chemo Tuesday – On pump until yesterday
Felt fine til Wed evening (really fine!) and then it hit
   Nausea, cramping, exhaustion, flue like muscle aches,
Spoke at chapel yesterday at OLu –
   That was an experience like I have never ever had before!
    The outpouring of love from the kids was amazing! More on that later
Hard time sleeping –
Nothing sounds good to eat – drink
Nothing even smells good – makes me just want to leave the kitchen!
Struggling with digesting
Had 3 huge clumps of hair in the sink when I combed it!
   That’s not even supposed to happen with this chemo! 
Just in general feeling yucky –
Very tired – will write more later, just wanted to let y’all know I am surviving!

Thankful for:  our OLu family
Friends checking on me and Todd
Beautiful roses blooming
God’s word that sustains me
Linen hankies that do not peel my skin when I cry
Anti nausea meds if I need them…
That the tape from the port placement did not tear my skin like it had before

This is the day the Lord has made – I will rejoice and be glad in it –
    And some days it is harder to do than others than others!  But it is still His day! 


Thanks for checkin in –

2 comments:

  1. It's still His day. Thank you for being such a transparent and enduring witness of our Lord. You are a faithful child and daughter of His.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot begin to understand what all you are going through. But I do see such an honest, genuine, faithful soul, wanting to live, wanting to give to others, not self absorbed though you'd have every right to be.
    You are an inspiration. You have such genuine humility. Love the gratitude lists. I do that myself.
    You're always in my prayers, Chris.Stay strong. God is with you, and holds you and loves you.
    Sending love. Katie

    ReplyDelete