Thursday, October 25, 2018

Her victory should be soon ...

A brief update as so many are asking.  Thanks for your love and concern!

Christine hanging on. Her victory should be soon!

Christine’s body continues to fight death.   She is quite young and was in good physical shape (we were on vacation in Maine just one month ago!).  She ate healthy and most of her body parts are in good shape.  She has a strong mind and loves life.  While she is ready to go to heaven – she continues to vacillate on that desire.

The one big issue has been medication.  As you know her pain is very bad.  Metastasized colon cancer they say is the most painful of all.  Tumors are everywhere – liver, heart, lungs, colon, all throughout the abdomen – and even many now growing just below the skin surface. Our doctor and hospice has been wonderful.  They daily checking in and adjusting the morphine as necessary.

However, while most get more lethargic with increased pain meds, Christine went from dreams to bad dreams to hallucinations to very bad hallucinations.  The last three days have been brutal.  She explains in great detail for ten to twenty minutes a complex, dark “event” that is occurring.  After quite a while, I am able to gently help her understand it isn’t real.  The doc’s have added several different “downer” type drugs, but all have had the opposite effect.  Some rare patients react differently to these common drugs.  Is it any wonder my bride is uncommon?

Calming to her most is scripture.  We read lots of scripture.  What is amazing is to often see her finish a verse or even paragraph as I read aloud.

We have changed her routine now to a mild sedative.  That is helping.  More tweaking of the medication will happen today – and a nurse will spend the night monitoring Christine.

Sleep for me seems like the mother of their first-born.  I don’t sleep deeply as I am up typically quite a bit.  The last two nights Christine was up from 11:00pm to 4:00am. 

I am blessed by friends who give me a short break during the day for a walk or nap.  But even then, Christine gets anxious if I am not around.

Christine wrote in her own handwriting a couple of weeks ago:

"God takes people at His timing because He's tenderhearted - if taking someone early rather than having a horrid life-  so they wouldn't have to have a harder life.  His motivation is love."
Grammar a little weird.  But her point is clear.

Psalm 13
How long, O Lord? Will you forget me forever?
    How long will you hide your face from me?
How long must I take counsel in my soul
    and have sorrow in my heart all the day?
How long shall my enemy be exalted over me?
Consider and answer me, O Lord my God;
    light up my eyes, lest I sleep the sleep of death,
lest my enemy say, “I have prevailed over him,”
    lest my foes rejoice because I am shaken.
But I have trusted in your steadfast love;
    my heart shall rejoice in your salvation.
I will sing to the Lord,
    because he has dealt bountifully with me.


Phillipians 1:18-23
To Live is Christ
...and I will rejoice for I know that through your prayers and God's provision of the Spirit of Jesus Christ what has happened to me will turn out for my deliverance.  I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed but still have sufficient courage so that now as always, Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death. For to me to live is Christ, to die is gain. If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labor for me.  Yet what shall I choose?  I do not know. I am torn between the two.  I desire to depart and be with Christ which is better by far.

Thanks for checkin’ in
Todd – for Christine

9 comments:

  1. Thank you for letting us know.
    Lord thank you for being with Christine and Todd and All who are on this journey with them. Rest for All and peace knowing You are who You say You are and You will make all things good, You will never leave nor forsake, You can do more that we ever hope or imagine. It is well. Thank you for guiding this power couple through the most beautiful love story, one that reflects the most beautiful love story for All!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for updating everyone. Many prayers for both of you. I am praying for The Lord’s rest and peace for you both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Todd, your tender words and patience are remarkable! I look forward to seeing you soon, and always keep you and Christine in my prayers! Our hope is in Christ alone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for allowing us to see Faith in action. May the LORD give you strength and peace for each moment, each day. Christine's words are precious indeed. God is love. Your story will continue to be a witness to this love in action.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you dear Lord for your amazing love and care for Christine and Todd. Their faith has shined like a beacon to others that Christ is always with you and will take you with him in victory over death. Come Lord Jesus, come.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our prayers for you for peace and comfort Christine. God's loving arms are around you and I pray you feel his peace. Prayers for your family and their love for you.
    Ed and Susan Bower

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This season is so seemingly wrong and cruel, but trusting God at His Word makes it bearable as you’ve discovered. Our prayers attend you as you wait for Him to act.
    Love and PEACE in Jesus, David and Mary Irish ♥️

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Everyone Here,
    My Name is Elizabeth Knox, I'm from UK and I was once a Vaginal Cancer patent.
    Until one day I watched Dr Itua Herbal Remedy on TV Channel on how he uses Herbal medicines to cure all kind of disease, I was very inst rested on his herbal remedy because I was very sick at that moment and I was diagnosed of Brain Tumor and Vaginal Cancer. I took the risk to take his treatment after watching his documentary,
    I contacted him on Email and explain my situation to him, he kindly told me how it works also how I can purchase his herbal product which I did.
    A week later the herbal medicines was ship to me through courier service, I drank his herbal medicines for three weeks and I was healed, cured from Brain Tumor/Vaginal Cancer.
    It was so marvelous even my friends with Breast/Prostate Cancer also contacted this Dr Itua for herbal product and they are all cured as well with Dr Itua Herbal Medicines, I do not how many Sick people are here today or whom are not yet read this. I pray god should let you see this to know there is a wellness for you. He guaranties me that he can cure the listed diseases below______Bladder cancer,Brain cancer,Hiv,Herpes,
    Esophageal cancer,Gallbladder cancer,Gestational trophoblastic disease,Head and neck cancer,Hodgkin lymphoma
    Intestinal cancer,Breast Cancer,Prostate Cancer,Brain Tumor,Kidney cancer,Hpv,Tach Diseases,Leukemia,Liver cancer,Lung cancer,Melanoma,Mesothelioma,Adrenal cancer.Bile duct cancer,Bone cancer  ,Multiple myeloma,Neuroendocrine tumors
    Non-Hodgkin lymphoma,Oral cancer,Ovarian cancer,Sinus cancer,Hepatitis A,B/C,Skin cancer,Soft tissue sarcoma,Spinal cancer,Stomach cancer
    Testicular cancer,Throat cancer,Thyroid Cancer,Uterine cancer,Fibroid,Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Scoliosis,Brain Tumor,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresSclerosis,Alzheimer's disease,Chronic Diarrhea,Copd,Parkinson,Als,Adrenocortical carcinoma  Infectious mononucleosis. Vaginal cancer,Vulvar cancer
    Dr Itua Herbal Center Contact,Email: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Or WhatsApp:+2348149277967

    ReplyDelete