Thursday, June 14, 2018

Not healing - Getting Immune

Chemo stayed the same this time.  
The oncologist went to view the films to determine the extent of progression as the report is written obscurely.  Sadly, there are new lesions  on the liver and the progression is "significantly worse."  Why the radiologist did not say that is beyond me!  

Her suggestion is to change my chemo to oral chemo - stivarga (if anyone has any experience with this particular chemo I'd love to hear from you)  starting at the end of the month.  It is a 28 day cycle, where I take the pills for 21 days and then am off for only 7 days...The diet is very strict and gross - white bread, low fat marg 1 T of jelly for breakfast when I take the pill...Don't really know how that would work as that is not remotely how I eat. The list of side effects is daunting to say the least!

On the other hand, my integrative doc suggested CAR-T therapy which is immunotherapy...seems to be for blood cancers, but he says it is also for solid tumor cancers. It is very doubtful that it would be covered by insurance and it is very expensive....
The big question is, would it work for me?  My oncologist said that the foundation 1 test that I took in January ruled me out for immunotherapy because I did not have the receptors necessary for it to be effective....so I don't know if it would work.  

Basically, my hair growing back and me tolerating things better that I foolishly, hopefully thought was God healing me, is just my body becoming immune to the chemo that I am on...

Please pray that 
my liver continues to function normally 
we have wisdom regarding what route to take next
we have strength to think clearly as all this information is thrown at us
Todd's strength and wisdom do not fail
  Thanks for the prayers - you have no idea how they carry us! 

Jer 17:14 Heal me oh Lord and I will be healed.  
   Save me and I will be saved for you are the one that I praise.



Thanks for checkin in!

4 comments:

  1. Oh Christine, you are really carrying such a heavy burden. Please be the warrior you have been and don't be defeated. We are with you and praying for you in every way. He is right there with you and knows the future. Just keep trusting Him. You are the toughest gal and the Lord knows that too. I admire you so very much for your great courage. Hugs and prayers and tears and much love to you and to Todd.

    ReplyDelete
  2. “Some days there won’t be a song in your heart. Sing anyway.” – Emory Austin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jesus said by HIS stripes we are healed. Jesus is All Powerful and does not abide by what the world tells us. Let us do a study of every promise of healing in the Bible and fullly rely upon HIS Power and Might. This fallen world wants to steal HIS Promises and our faith and hope. Hold tightly to Our Lord’s Hand - HE is holding your future and nothing has the power to come against him. I am standing with you. Your health and complete healing is not too big for Jesus. Right now, I plead the Blood of Jesus over you and pray that he make himself known to you as never before- Completely healing your body is not too hard for our Savior. Nothing is too hard for Jesus. I pray HIS good will for your life come now, in the Name above all names, Jesus Christ. Love you Christine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are always in my prayers. Sending love. Xxoo

    ReplyDelete