Friday, June 15, 2018

New Prayer Request Please!


My oncologist is referring me to USC for a possible clinical trial.  I don't know if we qualify ... but USC will give it some consideration.

My integrative doc says I am a candidate for CAR-T therapy IF my natural killer cell count is high enough for them to harvest and grow a new colony.  Historically my NK count has been very low, like double digit when I need thousands! 

By reading the fine print on the drug that the oncologist wants to put me on, we discovered that statistically, I have about 6 months to live...I understand that statistics are just a number on a piece of paper -- however, I have clearly been in denial.  When I was re-diagnosed, the stats then were 2 1/2-5 years....of which I went alternative for one year...So - God is on the throne and He has a plan which we do not understand-but it does not look very positive.  This does not mean that I am giving up, or that I do not believe in miracles - they absolutely can happen...I am trying to be realistic and not stick my head in the sand about my situation.  

Two reasons I am sharing this - 1) I want prayers that I'm here a long time - but 2) is that this is a warning to anyone in this situation -- read everything you can find - read the fine print - grasp what it says.  The oncologist would never have said this, except that we really pinned her down... Yes it's good to know, but gosh it hurts....

Please pray with us 
for wisdom about which direction to take - if USC is an option
that my natural killer cells miraculously jump in number so I'd be a candidate for CAR-T therapy
for clear thinking
for my life to be extended to a good old age

I am so exhausted from crying and grieving about this-hopefully this will be coherent.  I feel bludgeoned-beaten.  If you are helping someone who is in this kind of a situation - don't be surprised if they get dopey.  Physical exhaustion is real as well as the emotional exhaustion of processing.  Naps are so necessary.  If they just fall asleep on you - that is a great blessing!  Don't be surprised or offended... I don't have the words to explain how hard it is to think about whether you 'll be around at Christmas.....

Jer 17:14 Heal me oh Lord and I will be healed.  
   Save me and I will be saved for you are the one that I praise.

A positive thing to leave you with - an indicator that perhaps God's gonna keep me around (we can only pray)  There was a 50/50 chance that the oncologist would notice that the wording was ambiguous.  That the radiologist left out that there were new lesions is incredible to me.  Yet, God intervened and pushed my onco to go and talk to the radiologist - to look at the films.  

Praying he continues to intervene - 
Praying also that this made sense as I am so worn out.


5 comments:

  1. Praying for knowledge of God’s will and the power to carry it out:

    “Heavenly Father, I release to You the burdens that I have been carrying, burdens that You never intended for me to carry. I cast all my cares upon You–all my worries, all my fears. You have told me not be anxious about anything, but rather to bring everything to You in prayer with thankfulness.

    Father, calm my restless spirit, quiet my anxious heart, still my troubling thoughts with the assurance that You are in control. I let go of my grip upon the things I have been hanging onto, with opened hands I come to You. I release to Your will all that I am trying to manipulate; I release to Your authority all that I am trying to control; I release to Your timing all that I have been striving to make happen.

    I thank You for Your promise to sustain me, preserve me, and guard all that I have entrusted to Your keeping. Protect my heart and mind with Your peace, the peace that passes all understanding. Father, may Your will be done in my life, in Your time, and in Your way, in Jesus name I pray, AMEN.”

    ReplyDelete
  2. I release healing in every part of Christine's body! I release angels to get parts she needs from heavens storehouse in Jesus name! Bring heaven to earth!
    Declaring wholeness and the miraculous in Jesus's mighty matchless name !

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry for your struggles and pain. Sending you love and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am praying Christine. The Bible says when we ask for wisdom , The Lord is quick to give it to us. I pray for wisdom, HIS peace, faith- and for you to be surrounded by people that know Jesus still heals and that walk by faith not by sight. Nothing is too hard for God.Tormenting fear is not of The Lord- Jesus will give you HIS peace and wisdom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are always in my prayers Christine.
    Sending love and hugs ♥️♥️

    ReplyDelete