Monday, August 28, 2017

Power Outage

Pardon the delay getting this out - had some technical difficulties!
Chemo 7 - done -
Weight pretty steady
Walking slowly due to low energy
Mouth sores starting

Drinking liquids is hard - nothing tastes good
Very, very tired this time (slept 18 hours on Friday)
Nausea starting earlier in the cycle (Tues night instead of Thursday afternoon)

It's official!  All three docs agree again!  The chemo is working and the cancer is shrinking!
My Oncologist brought her NP in to celebrate with us - we each got at least 3 hugs each!!  They were both elated!
Based on this test, they will hold my chemo at 80% to keep the toxicity as low as possible.
Some of the bloodwork numbers were elevated and we were concerned, but she  said that in her world they were just fine!  (So for a stage 4 cancer patient, they were fine)
My liver numbers were elevated, but that is a direct result of the chemo's toxicity, and she was not worried!
My integrative Doc was more reserved, but certainly was pleased with the report.  He corroborated everything my oncologist said.
The very best tho was my Doc at Oasis of Hope (can't say enough good things about them!)  When I spoke to him on Friday, he pulled up the actual 3-D image from August and compared it to the image from April.
(For those who missed this detail, at O of H the doctors actually look at the images.  Here in the states, the radiologist reads the image and generates a report which the oncologist goes by.)
Here's how our conversation went --(Remember, English is not his native language)
"Oh dear, oh --my dear, well --now -- oh ---dear - well now this is really something! --"
(By now I was starting to get nervous!)

"I wish that you could see this!""Your image from April looks like a satellite image looking at earth --- 
of a big forest fire! 
But your August image, 
well now, that image looks like a power outage!!!"
"Your oncologist should be very boastful about these results -- he should be effusive in his congratulations to you!  This is wonderful! Fantastic! Congratulations!"
"Whatever you have been doing, continue doing it!  Congratulations! "  

                                                                                                                    British Columbia Fire July, 2017
And this from a rather quiet, reserved,  seemingly unemotional man!
This word picture is so much more powerful for me than all the stats I told you last time!!!!
He went on to tell me that there were lesions on my liver (remember I quoted the sizes last time) "but they are black!  There is no metabolic activity in them.  The black makes me think they are necrotic." (Dead!) "There is a 90% response in the liver!" (meaning 90% of the lesions responded positively to the chemo and shrunk/died off!)
Woohoo!!!

                                                                           Los Angeles, CA power outage July 2017

Again, rejoice with us - we are so very thankful!
Happy Dances!

Ps 145: 3 Great is the Lord and most worthy of praise;
  His greatness no one can fathom.


Ps 50:15 Call upon me in the day of trouble

  I will deliver you and you will honor me!
God is good - all the time and 

all the time -  God is good!
Please lift up those in Texas...
Thanks for checkin' in!

6 comments:

  1. Praise God Christine. Wonderful news😃

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful news! So grateful!! Praying for you and Todd every morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME! Sending prayers of thanks. I continue to keep you in my prayers. Hugs and I always love reading your messages. Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. So awesome Christine!! Jesus is so so good and works through many avenues. I continue to pray that the world will stand in awe of the Lord's power and goodness to fully restore your health and repay you for all the time you may feel robbed of. May the Lord continue to bless you with his peace, joy, and love.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete