Wednesday, August 16, 2017

God's got work for me!!!

Dear Prayer Warriors -
By God's grace, my technician told me of a shortcut to get my PET results.  We are so thankful to say that it is a very good report.  I really should probably wait until I hear officially from my oncologist next Tues and my integrative Doc next Friday - but I could not contain my joy and had to share it with y'all!!! Throughout the whole report, it referred to shrinkage and less brightness -- there was nothing about growth at all! The doc that read/wrote this report had done several other of my other reports, and he commented on how specific tumors had shrunk and were not glowing as brightly (indicating decreased cancer activity). This scan was a pivotal one because there is no drug for colon cancer other than 5FU, so if it did not work, my only option would be clinical trials-which I am not doing.  

"There has been favorable interval response to therapy of patient's multiple metastases with decrease in size and metabolism of the multiple mediastinal and paramediastinal nodules, hepatic metastases, retroperitoneal adenopathy, abdominal wall/retroperitoneal implants."    There is a happy sample of the jargon a patient has to figure out! 

Two tumors in the mediastinal area (between lungs, from diaphragm to/including throat and heart) 
were 2.5 x 2.1 cm with SUV (brightness) of 7, 
Now are 1.5 x 1.7 cm with SUV of 2.1
The other was 2.3 x1.6 cm with SUV of 6.7, 
Now are 2 x1.2 cm with SUV of 2.2.
A nodule along the right heart border, 
was 2.1x1.9 cm with SUV  of 4.4. 
Now it is 1.1x1.1 with an SUV of .9

Some pulmonary micro nodules "have not significantly changed", but some of the nodules are no longer visible - in other words - these were metastatic colonies that the chemo reduced in size to below 1/4 inch!  

The biggest tumor, which is in my liver 
was 9.2 x 7.8 cm with SUV of 9.6 and 
now is 5.2 x 5.5 with an SUV of 3.3. 

I won't continue to bore you with this technical stuff, but the reason that I put it in here is so you can get an idea of sizes and the amount of tumors. I really have a lot of them! In addition to the biggest one in my liver, he references specifically two other tumors in my liver.  If you measure these out with a ruler, it is difficult to understand how all these can be inside me -there's not a lot of room in there! Several times in the report, he refers to multiple other nodules.  It is the most bizarre, surreal feeling to know all these tumors are in there! It truly underscores what a miracle I am-that I can walk and function and enjoy life at all is a miracle!  This, I believe, is directly attributable to y'all pounding on heaven's gates in my behalf!  Thank you! thank you! thank you!   This is such an answer to your prayers! It feels like I have a new lease on life!  I'm really struggling to find the words to convey the bubbling up joy I feel - it's like champagne bubbles zinging everywhere!  God must have more work for me to do!  So very thankful!!!  

Ps 100:4 Enter his gates with thanksgiving 
   and his courts with praise;
   give thanks to him and praise his name.  
Jer 17:14 Heal me O Lord, and I will be healed;
   save me and I will be saved,
   for you are the one I praise.

This is the song that has been running through my head since we read the report! 

https://youtu.be/7s0GIxS2cEE

Ps 50:15 Call upon me in the day of trouble;
I will deliver you, and you will honor me...

Thanks for checkin' in! Love y'all!





    4 comments:

    1. Chris!! Your news gives me such JOY and Pat and I are doing a happy dance over here‼️πŸ™ŒπŸΌ☺️πŸŽ‰πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸŽ‰πŸ’ƒπŸ»Thank you for sharing the early report‼️

      ReplyDelete
    2. God must have more work for me to do! Yes!! So happy to hear your great news. You are a powerful woman....but what matters is your powerful God. Love, Emmalee

      ReplyDelete
    3. What a gift from God that He has worked in you! Continue to look to Him and He shall lift you up. "Where does my hope come from? It comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth."

      ReplyDelete
    4. Praise the Lord, Christine! You don't know me, but I pray for you every day. Rita Burfeind, Grafton, WI

      ReplyDelete