Monday, July 31, 2017

Take time for the important things!


Weathered this chemo well 
Weight holding fairly well
Tues, Wed and 1/2 of Thursday had good energy to enjoy company and some retail therapy
Napped a lot on Friday and Saturday
Rested a bit today --
Just feeling droopy with no pep, but that's normal
Nausea is relatively under control thanks to medicine
Trouble drinking water- just does not taste good - really have to be disciplined!
Blessed by wonderful oncology nurses and a palliative care nurse
Tough conversations happen, and bring tears, but better to have the conversations than not!
Continuing to enjoy puttering outside and watching the birds -- had orioles 2 days ago!

So thankful to have some energy to enjoy life!

I got the word last Tues that after my next chemo, they would do a PET scan again and see if chemo is working....Praying for positive results 'cause there are no other options except hospice! 

In conversation with a dear friend who has faithfully kept up with my blog, we discovered that they were under the impression that I had only 2-3 tumors and that was it.  I wanted to clarify this, because there may be others who are thinking the same thing. 
As of my PET on April 27, there are many tumors throughout my body including but not limited to:
a new anterosuperior mediastinal node
a node along the right side of the ascending aorta
a nodule along the inferior right heart border
  multiple other nodules in the area (this area includes esophagus, heart, trachea, thymus)
perihepatic peritoneal disease worsening (liver and abdominal lining around it)
multiple, new (since December) hepatic metastases in the liver, one of which is 9.2 cm x 7.8cm
multiple new retroperitoneal lymph nodes
SO - bottom line - tumors are everywhere.
That is why I began the IV chemo - there were no other options... 

This simply highlites what a miracle I am, to be able to walk and visit and enjoy life!! God has indeed heard our prayers in that regard!!! We are blessed - trying not to be fearful of what comes next!  

Our prayer is that my next PET will show regression in these tumors, or at least no progression. 




https://youtu.be/XxkNj5hcy5E   I'm no longer a slave to fear, I am a child of God....

As I got ready to post this last night we got a phone call saying that our friend's husband had suddenly died of a heart attack.  They both are younger than we are....The shock is indescribable -- Thankfully, he's a man of deep faith, a Godly father and role model, so we can rejoice in the hope of heaven -- but let's not kid ourselves- 
the loss is huge, 
   life altering and 
      devastating for their family...


Life is short and precious -- be sure to hug those you love an extra time or two and tell them that you love them.  Take time from the unimportant things that we all get caught up doing and spend that time with those most precious to you.  You do not know when you will not ever have that opportunity again.  Make time for the important things -- 

There is an old saying, " show me your calendar and your checkbook and I'll know what is important to you."  You can be sure that no on their death bed ever wished they had worked more hours...

You get the drift.... 

Come to me all you who are weary and burdened and I will give you rest (Matt 11:28) Be still and know that I am God (Ps 46:10) and those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength.  They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint...(Is 40:31)

And on that day when my strength is failing
the end draws near and my time has come 
still my should will sing Your praise unending
10,000 years and then forever more.....
I'll worship your holy name.... (10,000 Reasons by Matt Redman)

You are such a blessing! Thank you for the prayers which sustain us!  Thanks for checkin' in!  


4 comments:

  1. So glad you had valuable time with our dear Kristin❣️ I know that was good medicine. I did not realize how extensive the tumors had b come and am all the more thankful for the way our Heavenly Father has enabled you to enjoy little and big things. Asking Him to continue to make His presence and favor real to you. Praying and sending you a hug! Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keeping you all in daily prayer... grateful for any good news but expecting complete healing !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankful for your energy and positive outlook! Looking forward to seeing you and Todd next week!! 😊

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for keeping all of us up to date on your progress. I will continue praying for God's mercy and grace as His compassions are new every morning. "It is of the LORD'S mercies that we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is Thy faithfulness.The LORD is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in Him." (Lam 3.22-24) My prayers are specifically for your PET scan...our hope is in our Lord. Love you.

    ReplyDelete