Monday, December 5, 2016

Feel like a Miracle

Pet scheduled for 12/13 at 2:30 - prayers appreciated that nothing lights up - Thank you!
Feeling good - energy a little more steady
Weight holding - actually cut out the shakes cause I don't need the calories  
Bloodwork good
Side effects are not fun!
Eating clean (organic) animal protein about 14 meals a week - 
   doing some gluten cause it does not seem to make a huge difference
Still craving sugar - but probably will my whole life!
Having lots of cinnamon to combat the sugar
Having curcumin and pepper to enhance the chemo
Trying to get back into a walking routine - rough after being a couch potato for so long!  
Struggling with being off my ADD meds and time management - oh so hard!

2 weeks ago, a friend told me to thank God for my healing.  I have been pondering this, since I am still able to feel the tumor in my belly, and I don't want to be pollyanna and get my hopes up too high.   Her point was to be positive and thank God for what he has already done.  As I thought about that, it really hit me how far I have come in terms of how I feel.  I was blessed to be able to attend the Lancer Ladies Brunch and bring guests to both Christmas at the Nechita performances over the weekend.  Today I am pooped - but not completely wiped out!  One person yesterday said I had a bounce in my step!
It was wonderful to get to see so many people that I have not seen in a long time.  Had some extra special hugs from some of the students, as well as some great conversation...
Several recurring themes were people praying for me, glad to see me and that I look great :) Praying I look as great on the PET as people say!

In thinking back to 10/5 when I had no strength to get out of bed, and friends helped with laundry and cleaning and I was considering canceling my trip, or going in a wheelchair, it is shocking how different I am now. 
Yes, I believe in miracles - and I feel like a miracle -- 
Praying that next Tues will provide proof of my miracle.....

The other recurring theme is the extreme pain that is all around us---
There are so many heartbreakings stories or situations that need lots of prayers - a young girl with an inoperable brain tumor -- a long awaited kidney transplant to be successful- and the family of the donor!-- more friends with cancer - friends who have gone to heaven after battles with cancer-- a spouse of 30+ years walking out- widows and widowers who never get over the loss of their love.  

Please open your hearts to those around you...be aware of the pain in their lives.  While in line returning something early one morning, I noticed a woman at another check out station and I could see by the way she stood (arms crossed tightly), how she spoke (sharply), the set of her mouth and the hardness of her eyes that she had some hardship going on in her life. Praying silently for her and the poor clerk dealing with her, I wished everyone in the vicinity a merry Christmas and smiled at her.  She probably thought I was nuts- but oh well! 
We are so attached to our phones and our busyness, that we do not notice people.  You have the ability to make someone's journey lighter by noticing their pain/sadness/rough day and being kind.  Isn't that what we are supposed to do - be like Jesus?  Eye contact, smiling or opening a door for someone who has their hands full makes a difference!! Lets dispel the notion that Christians are just a bunch of judgmental hypocrites and smile, be kind and help people!! If we all did this - what a difference it would make!  


Thank you for your prayers - I am sure they are why I am doing so well!  There is proof for that - when I was on chemo last time - I weathered it better than any of my Doc's other patients...

Thanks for checkin in! Y'all are a blessing!







4 comments:

  1. I can tell even in your writing you are feeling better. There is a peace in your words. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do look amazing! Was so great to see you Saturday! And thank you for being such a source of strength and inspiration to us all! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So encouraged by your report, Chris! Certain it is a result of prayer and all the good things you are doing! I couldn't agree more about the difference we can make in other's day when we are out and about if we pay attention! I had such an opp today with a Mom of a toddler and infant who was struggling to load her kids and groceries in her car in the rain. Thank you for reminding us! Will be praying for the scan! Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tom and I are praying for relief from pain, strength and good news surrounding your upcoming scan. With God, all things are possible!

    ReplyDelete