Friday, December 23, 2016

Final opinion on PET! Happy Dance!!!

Spoke with Oasis of Hope again this morning and all my doctors there conferred and looked at the images from August and from December.  A PET is 3 D and he referred to 3 specific different angles that they studied-
This is very important because my oncologist never actually looks at the images - she relies on the radiologist's report.
He told me that in all the images the SUV - or sugar uptake - or cancerous activity-
   was less than in August!!
All the sites that they said were new, were actually on the August scan!!

(Clarification: the radiologist for my oncologist was comparing Dec's scan to the Feb scan, not the Aug scan.  In Sept, I gave the written report to the oncologist, and was not asked to provide the disc)

So I do not really have new lesions -- they were there in August!
Furthermore, the report from August show that there was ascites, which is fluid collecting in the
   abdominal cavity, which has cancerous cells in it, and there is none on the December report!!!
Woohoo!!!

These Docs look at the information in a different way than Western medicine does!  I wish more people knew that there were other ways of attacking health problems!
Sorry - I'll quit preaching'! LOL

They want me to continue the xeloda because my collection of protocols appears to be working! The cancerous activity is being depressed!  They said to continue to add in very, very slowly the protocols as they suggested, removing any that cause gastric distress.

Praise God for this good report!  I am so thankful for Oasis of Hope and their observations -- Vastly different than my oncologist!

"Call upon my in the day of trouble --
    I will deliver you and you will honor me!"
    Ps 50:15

I am so thankful that God has granted me this good news!  A miracle from Him!

True confessions - this helps so much to calm the fretting, because the area under my right lower rib cage is progressively more uncomfortable.  I cannot sleep on my right side and when I laugh, cough, sneeze or just breath wrong, there is a sharp twinge.  This of course brings memories of last Christmas with the pain escalating....Fear is powerful...  

I need to simply keep my eyes focused on God and not on the pain --
    to rejoice in the gift of each day
    to be thankful in all things...
    and of course keep my mouth shut when it comes to
       Christmas cookies, candy, cheese and sausage - shrimp, stollen, crackers and wine....
       oh so very difficult!!!
Perhaps the pain in the ribs is really a blessing from God to help me in this!!!

If only "simply" were really that simple!  It is an exercise in focus that I must work on every hour-- sometimes every 5 minutes!   But anything worth having is worth effort and this is growing my reliance on God's strength, cause I can't resist all these yummy things without his help!!

Thank you so much for continuing to check in on me in this very busy season -- I am humbled and teary eyed when we see how many people have checked in!  Thank you for your love and prayers!  It boggles my mind that y'all keep loving and caring!  Truly, y'all are a gift from God!  May he bless you richly this Christmas~

Thanks for checkin' in!


5 comments:

  1. Praise God! What a great Christmas present. The Shepherds were fearful and trembling also and the angel said do not fear. I think that applies to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God answers prayer !!!
    He is abundantly good and does immeasurably more than we can possibly imagine ... Amen 🙏🏻

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughter Christie and I said a prayer for you and asked God to continue to bless you and Todd.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praising God on Christmas day for the good news!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Praise ye the Lord, for He is good! For His mercy endures forever!" I am praising our Lord for this awesome report!!!

    ReplyDelete