Friday, October 19, 2012

Parts

I have a confession --
Oct 31, I am having a laprascopic hysterectomy---totally unrelated to cancer-- 
just parts that have overstayed their welcome (as a friend phrased it)

By not putting it out on the blog, I could pretend that it wasn't going to happen.  
The result is that some of you have heard about this via the grapevine instead of from me 
- for which I apologize.  
I just didn't want to talk about it - which was silly because it didn't work!  
I was in denial and dreading it!  Hope y'all understand --
It'll be a year ago - almost to the day- that I had colon surgery (Oct 27th)


Side effects are dwindling - though the numbness continues--coming and going.  The raynauds is acting up very early this year which is unusual, and I attribute it to the damage from the chemo.  

I'd be lying if I said I was looking forward to this -- It is an exercise in mental discipline to keep focusing on God and on things to be thankful for.  

I am deeply thankful that:
this is just a "parts" problem and not a cancer problem
it can be done laprascopically
I should be feeling better by Christmas
so many of you have asked how I am doing
we have such a rich history of God's provision--it gives strength and courage
Chance is still here
by comparison to other's problems, this is nothing
I got to enjoy so much despite the cancer
for the rich blessings of family and friends
God's gave us his word and promises

About 25 years ago, (I was a child bride) :) Todd wrote me a note to encourage me in my work -- I have kept it in my memory verse cards -- 
The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? 
The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?  Ps 27:1

Be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might -- Eph 6:10

I also remember my grandparents wedding verse, 2 Cor 12:9
My grace is sufficient for you for my power is made perfect in weakness

So while dread is the main feeling, along with overwhelmed by my to-do list, I am thankful to be this far and hopeful that there is an end in sight!
Please forgive me for not posting this sooner -- I should have -- 

If any of you have experience with this, I'd love feedback -- the Doc says I'll be laid up 4-6 weeks! Colon surgery was relatively easy- though that was due to all your prayers, I know!
Just cannot believe 4-6 weeks!  thoughts???

Thank you for your continued prayers and support -- they mean so much and make such a difference!  God's rich blessings to you -- may you see him at work every day!



No comments:

Post a Comment